- Own with Bell launches today featuring blockbuster Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Bell Fibe TV and FibreOP TV customers can rent On Demand movies once and watch them as many times as they want
MONTRÉAL, April 1, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Bell today announced Own with Bell, a new Bell TV feature that gives customers ongoing access to their On Demand movies as long as they are with Bell Fibe TV or Bell Aliant FibreOP TV. Own with Bell launches today with box office shattering Star Wars: The Force Awakens as the first title offered, and unlimited access to more movies available soon.
"Own with Bell is yet another example of the innovation that has transformed Bell into Canada's largest and fastest-growing TV provider," said Rizwan Jamal, President of Bell Residential and Small Business. "Our team is dedicated to bringing Canadian consumers the best viewing options available in North America across every platform – like Restart, the Fibe TV app and now unlimited on demand access to Star Wars: The Force Awakens and other major movies through Own with Bell."
Own with Bell is available now through the Fibe TV and FibreOP TV On Demand menus. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is available for $24.99. For more information about Bell Fibe TV and Bell Alliant FibreOP TV, please visit Bell.ca/FibeTV or BellAliant.ca/FibreOP.
With more than 2.7 million TV customers, Bell is Canada's largest television provider. Nielsen Consumer Insights reported in October that Bell Fibe TV and FibreOP TV were the Top 2 TV services most recommended by customers in Canada*.
Bell Fibe TV and Bell Aliant FibreOP TV have become the top choices for Canadian consumers thanks to a strategy of constant service innovation, including:
- Restart, which lets customers restart TV shows already in progress or up to 30 hours after they started.
- Resume, enabling customers to change channels while replaying a show, change back to the original channel, and pick up where they left off.
- Trending, which lists the 5 most-watched shows in Canada in both English and French at any given time and lets customers switch to watch live or Restart from the beginning.
- The Fibe TV app, which brings the Fibe experience to tablets and smartphones with access to more than 300 live and on-demand channels and the ability to fully control TVs with mobile devices including the Apple Watch.
- Wireless TV receivers that let customers put their TVs where they want without drilling holes or plugging in more cables – all that's needed is a power outlet.
*Findings based on data collected by Nielsen through Bell Customer Interaction Metric research between September 10 and 30, 2015 for the Canadian residential market using custom online panel research.
Bell is Canada's largest communications company, providing consumers and business customers with wireless, TV, Internet, home phone, small business and enterprise communications services. Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital and out of home media. Bell is wholly owned by Montréal's BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE). For more information, please visit Bell.ca.
The Bell Let's Talk initiative promotes Canadian mental health with national awareness and anti-stigma campaigns like Bell Let's Talk Day and significant Bell funding of community care and access, research, and workplace initiatives. To learn more, please visit Bell.ca/LetsTalk.
SOURCE Bell Canada
Image with caption: "Own with Bell launches today featuring blockbuster Star Wars: The Force Awakens (CNW Group/Bell Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160401_C3652_PHOTO_EN_655599.jpg