BURLINGTON, ON, Feb. 3, 2016 /CNW/ - CoreViewTM provides a growing global community of more than 16,000 healthcare specialists with a Curated, Objective, Relevant Evidence Viewpoint of critical topics in musculoskeletal research, highlighting and graphically summarizing evidence across OrthoEvidence's large database of more than 3,400 ACETM reports.
Why CoreView? Why Now?
- High-quality studies don't always translate to a clear message;
- Clinical practice guidelines may lag behind new evidence that diverges from established opinion;
- Not all clinical trials are created equal.
CoreViewTM is built on and powered by our growing library of Advanced Clinical Evidence (ACETM) reports. ACETM reports combine 700-word summaries of individual clinical trials with critical appraisals of the methodology employed in creating them. Every day, thousands of busy practitioners rely upon our library of ACETM reports to quickly identify important findings in musculoskeletal research and assess whether underlying studies are worth reading.
Intra-articular hyaluronic acid (IAHA) for osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is a significant healthcare burden affecting 20-30% of adults;
- IAHA was approved by the U.S. FDA for the treatment of knee OA in 1997 and since that time there has been a proliferation of IAHA products;
- There are more than 150 randomized-clinical trials and meta-analyses published on this particular topic.
Despite a substantial amount of high-quality evidence, there is controversy in the literature regarding viscosupplementation of the knee with IAHA.
With CoreViewTM, practitioners can more easily answer questions such as:
- Does the efficacy of IAHA vary with molecular weight?
- If a patient receives IAHA injections, should a cross-linked or non cross-linked product be used?
- How do the effects of IAHA therapy differ among patient populations?
This product can be accessed with a Basic (free) account. Visit us online at: http://coreview.myorthoevidence.com
OrthoEvidenceTM was founded in 2009 by Dr. Mohit Bhandari, a global leader in evidence-based orthopaedics. OrthoEvidence's database includes thousands of ACETM reports from more than 360 journals, with new reports added daily. New research is typically summarized and posted within one month of being published; twice as fast as other evidence summary providers. ACETM reports are read by our growing membership of more than 16,000 practitioners, including surgeons, residents, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other allied healthcare professionals. Some of our partners include The Canadian Orthopaedic Association, ISAKOS, the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and the California Orthopaedic Association.
For further information: Media contact: Gareth Tingling, email@example.com