OTTAWA, June 22 /CNW Telbec/ - Espial, a leader in on-demand TV solutions and services announced that Optimus Clix (http://www.clix.pt/) has doubled the usage of its Time-Shift TV Services (http://acesso.clix.pt/tv/restart-tv/volte-ao-inicio-dos-seus-programas.html) in the first 5 months of 2010. Optimus Clix is a fixed and mobile telecom operator in Portugal with a national DSL network reaching 1.6 million homes and a FTTH deployment already covering more than 200,000 households. As part of their triple-play service, customers can subscribe to Optimus Clix TV (http://acesso.clix.pt/tv/), its IPTV solution.
- Optimus Clix achieves 100% growth during first 5 months of the year
on its Time-Shift TV service.
- Espial MediaBase powers on-demand TV services to Optimus Clix TV
customer base over its ADSL and FTTH national network.
- The Optimus Clix TV service includes:
- over 150 broadcast television channels
- more than 3,000 video-on-demand (VOD) assets
- subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services
- interactive applications such as Games, Facebook, Twitter and
- Optimus Clix is significantly investing to enhance its TV service:
- In 2009, Optimus Clix increased its VOD catalog to over 3,000
titles targeting different categories, needs and user
- Optimus Clix has signed new contracts with:
- major studios like Disney, Sony, Warner and Paramount in
2009 and 2010
- important local content providers
- TV VOD now offers the latest and most successful
blockbusters in SD and HD.
- Espial MediaBase provides an open API so service providers can easily
offer innovative on-demand services. Optimus took advantage of this
to introduce the following new services in 2009:
- On-demand karaoke service featuring more than 400 international
- Restart TV-a unique service in the Portuguese market, it allows
customers to tune in after the start of a currently broadcast
program and watch it from the beginning.
"In 2009, we invested heavily in our TV service to provide better quality, increased content and new On-Demand services", said Susanna Barbato, TV Director, Optimus. "To achieve continued growth in service revenue we rely on the Espial MediaBase open application interface to simplify introduction of new services. Their intelligent content delivery distribution makes hyper-efficient use of our network and we can easily scale the system with commercial-off-the-shelf servers".
"Optimus Clix is the most innovative IPTV solution in Portugal", stated Robert Hopkins, Managing Director of Espial Europe. "They are achieving excellent growth with great on-demand content and innovative services. We're pleased that Espial MediaBase is powering their success with on-demand video services".
Video-On-Demand, VOD, Time-shift TV, Network PVR, Network DVR, OTT, Content Distribution Networking, RestartTV, Content Delivery Networking, CDN, Packet Loss Recovery
- Espial MediaBase (http://www.espial.com/products/media_base/)
- Optimus Clix (http://www.clix.pt/)
- Optimus Clix TV - Time-Shift TV Services
Optimus is Sonaecom's single brand for the telecommunications sector and the only integrated player in Portugal, revealing once again its capacity to continue to innovate and lead. With a latest generation converging network of its own, and with a unique customer management system, Optimus offers a complete portfolio of mobile and fixed solutions for approximately 4 million users, individuals and companies.
Optimus directly serves 1 in 3 of the Portuguese population, making available for the residential market, individuals and enterprises, the most advanced solutions in voice, internet, television and e-services, including more than 150 television channels, more than 3000 video-on-demand titles, home entertainment, new generation internet through UMT, HSPA, fibre optics and soon, LTE. Optimus assures that no matter whether customers are fixed or mobile, corporate or individual, they will be able to make the most of the new technologies and adapt them to their unique profile and experiences.
Espial is a leading supplier of TV software and solutions to service providers in the cable, telecommunications, hospitality and consumer electronics industries. Its middleware, video-on-demand and browser solutions provide superior service delivery, advanced service innovation tools and the flexibility to implement diverse pay-TV business models. Over 7 million licenses of its high-performance, open and patented software are in use across the world. Espial is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and has offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. For more information, please call +1.613.230.4770 or visit www.espial.com.
SOURCE Espial Group
For further information: For further information: Inquiries from press or analysts: Kirk Edwardson, Director, Marketing, Espial Group Inc., Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +1-613-230-4770 x1145