TORONTO, Aug. 16, 2016 /CNW/ - The Ontario Heritage Trust is seeking nominations for the 2016 Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards and Young Heritage Leaders program to recognize outstanding contributions to natural and cultural heritage conservation. The nomination deadline is September 30, 2016.
Through the Trust's recognition programs, individuals, groups and communities are recognized for demonstrating leadership, commitment, creativity, positive impact on their community and good conservation practices.
The Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards are awarded in four categories:
- Excellence in Conservation: recognizes individuals, groups, organizations and communities for exceptional achievements through the completion of a specific heritage conservation project.
- Community Leadership: recognizes exemplary leadership by a community in heritage conservation and promotion.
- Lifetime Achievement: recognizes outstanding volunteer heritage contributions by an individual over a period of 25 years or more.
- Youth Achievement: recognizes exceptional heritage contributions by young individuals and groups, age 24 and under. The individual award includes a $2,000 post-secondary scholarship, jointly funded by Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life.
In addition, young volunteers may be nominated for recognition through the Trust's Young Heritage Leaders program. Since 2000, hundreds of youth have been recognized for their efforts to identify, preserve, protect and promote Ontario's heritage. Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life are proud sponsors of the Young Heritage Leaders program.
- 20 Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards – representing 130 individuals, one community and seven projects – were presented for outstanding achievements to conserving Ontario's heritage in 2015.
- 342 youth were recognized through Young Heritage Leaders for their volunteer contributions in 2015.
The Ontario Heritage Trust is an agency of the Government of Ontario dedicated to identifying, preserving, protecting and promoting Ontario's heritage.
Aussi disponible en français
SOURCE Ontario Heritage Trust
For further information: For more information about the Trust's recognition programs, contact Kimberly Murphy at 416-325-5074 or email@example.com. For more information about Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life, contact Marlene Klassen, Assistant Vice-President, Communication Services, at 204-946-7705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.