OnApp v4.1 enhances cloud management, provisioning and billing for service providers running VMware vCloud Director 5.6 and 8.0, VMware vCloud Air and VMware vCenter
VMworld, SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 31, 2015 /CNW/ - OnApp has released a new version of its web and mobile portal for VMware vCloud Air Network service providers.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150723/240725LOGO )
The new portal, based on v4.1 of the OnApp Cloud platform also released today, gives service providers a highly configurable, enterprise-grade front end for a wide range of cloud services based on VMware vCloud Director 5.6 and 8.0, vCloud Air and vCenter. The addition of vCloud Air support, new monitoring and billing capabilities, new self-service capabilities, and a global marketplace module for vCloud-based services, paves the way for OnApp to become the de facto customer portal for all VMware vCloud Air Network service providers.
"More than 3,000 service providers in 93 countries use OnApp to sell the complete range of Infrastructure-as-a-Service products through a 'single pane of glass' control panel," said OnApp CEO, Ditlev Bredahl. "With the new version of our VMware portal, we've taken big steps towards providing that single pane of glass experience for all vCloud Air Network products."
The OnApp portal provides a streamlined, highly automated environment for deploying and managing vApps, VMs, Catalogs, Firewalls, users, billing plans and more, via an intuitive and fully rebrandable user interface. A large number of VMware-based cloud service providers are now trialling, deploying or actively using the new OnApp portal in production, including Immedion.
"Meeting the needs of our customers is always our top priority, and the OnApp portal gives us a fast and intuitive way to streamline provisioning and billing for the services we offer as part of the VMware vCloud Air Network MSP initiative," said Rob Moser, Chief Operating Officer of Immedion.
The new OnApp portal introduces a range of new features, including:
- vCloud Air support - adding UI options such as Virtual Server monitoring, and features integrated billing plans.
- vCloud Templates - cloud providers can set up ready-to-deploy packaged resources.
- Enhanced vApp management - a wide range of tools for managing and configuring resources, networks and VMs associated with a vApp.
- Network and edge gateway management - enabling providers to configure a wide range of network services via the UI.
- Enhanced metering, monitoring and billing - bringing OnApp's highly configurable billing engine to VMware-based cloud service delivery.
- Global marketplace - vCloud Air Network service providers can create their own marketplace for services built on their OnApp and VMware cloud platform.
The new portal is based on v4.1 of the OnApp Cloud platform, which also reaches general availability today.