On Toque Tuesday, buy a toque (or socks!) and help Canada's 200,000 homeless

TORONTO, Feb. 3, 2014 /CNW/ - Raising the Roof's annual Toque Tuesday is on February 4. You already know our iconic toques.  Now it's time to try on our socks.  Available online and in 18 communities across Canada, they are stylish, comfortable and conversation starters.  On each sock is written "Ask Me About My Socks/Parlez-Moi De Mes Bas".  And when people do, feel free to brag about how you helped the homeless.

Where/how to purchase your toque/socks…
Across Canada, from early morning to evening, volunteers from Intact Financial Corporation and 43 participating community agencies will take to the streets, shopping malls and transit hubs encouraging commuters to buy toques and socks.  For details by province and community (including local media contacts for interviews and photo opportunities) please refer to the Toque Tuesday Events document at this link.   Additionally, toques and socks can be purchased on-line at: www.raisingtheroof.org

Limited edition!
New this year is a faux fur toque with ear flaps for $25 available only online, while supplies last at: www.raisingtheroof.org

Where the money goes…
Past campaign sales have allowed Raising the Roof to grant more than $3.5 million to 145 local community agencies serving the homeless across the country. 80% of net toque-sale proceeds are returned to the community where the funds were raised.  The remaining 20% of net proceeds benefits Raising the Roof's Child and Family Homelessness Initiative.

We couldn't do it without them...
We thank and celebrate our 2014 National Toque Campaign partners, Intact Financial Corporation and Canadian Traffic Network for their tremendous support of the Toque Campaign and Toque Tuesday activities.

About Raising the Roof
Raising the Roof is a national Canadian charity focused on long-term solutions to homelessness.  We fund local, grass-roots agencies working to alleviate homelessness in their communities; build awareness among Canadians about the true nature of homelessness and educate them about how to prevent it in the future.  We build partnerships; giving people, corporations and organizations the opportunity to participate in solutions.

Image with caption: "Raising the Roof logo. (CNW Group/Raising the Roof)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140203_C6844_PHOTO_EN_36141.jpg

SOURCE: Raising the Roof

For further information:

Raising the Roof National Media Contacts:   
Carolann Barr, Executive Director 416-523-6605
Arundel Gibson, Director of Development 416-888-2267

Organization Profile

Raising the Roof

More on this organization

Custom Packages

Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.

Start today.

CNW Membership

Fill out a CNW membership form or contact us at 1 (877) 269-7890

Learn about CNW services

Request more information about CNW products and services or call us at 1 (877) 269-7890