Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendations presented by the Honourable Erin O'Toole at ceremony in Halifax
HALIFAX, July 17, 2015 /CNW/ - The Honourable Erin O'Toole, Minister of Veterans Affairs, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following Nova Scotia and New Brunswick residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Veterans:
- Jerome Burke, New Waterford, NS
- Norman Crewe, Halifax, NS
- Clarence E. Dawe, Sydney Mines, NS
- Howard G.H. (Hank) Einarson, CD, Dartmouth, NS
- Karen D. Ewing, B.Sc., MD, CCFP, Bass River, NS
- Jim Lowther, CD, Dartmouth, NS
- Frank E. Martinello, CD, Sydney, NS
- George W. McPhee, Louisdale, NS
- Major J. Jason Samson, CD, Hammonds Plains, NS
- Elizabeth Marie Simpson, Sydney Mines, NS
- Lawrence Truelove, OMM, CD, Milton, NS
- Stephen Wessel, Lake Echo, NS
- Cst Reid Michael Smith, Moncton, NB
Through volunteer efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Veterans, and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.
- The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Government of Canada is proud to recognize those who honour the sacrifices and contributions of our nation's heroes.
"These individuals represent the very best of what it means to serve your community—to serve one another. They are an inspiration, and they are vital to the well-being of our Veteran population. It is my sincere honour to award the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation as a symbol of our nation's gratitude."
The Honourable Erin O'Toole, Minister of Veterans Affairs
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
For further information: Martin Magnan, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs, 613-996-4649; Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468