Free concert on Toronto's Waterfront featuring performances by Victoria Duffield, 4Count, Rebel Coast, Alicia Moffet and the stars of YTV's Some Assembly Required
Additional performers to be announced at #YTVBeachBash
TORONTO, July 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Nick Cannon, the multi-faceted entertainer (America's Got Talent), film star, comedian, TV and radio host, musician, writer, director, executive producer and philanthropist is heading to Toronto to host YTV's first ever Summer Beach Bash, a free family concert at Canada's Sugar Beach on Saturday, August 9. The outdoor, waterside concert will take place from 12 noon to 5 p.m. and feature exciting live musical performances, extreme buskers, thrilling water stunts, food, games and more. YTV Summer Beach Bash will be telecast on YTV on Saturday, August 23 at 6 p.m. ET/PT.
"There's nothing more hype than an outdoor concert in the summer." said Nick Cannon, host of YTV Summer Beach Bash. "I can't wait to come up to Toronto and have an amazing day listening to great music, watching super talented dancers perform and meeting fans. Plus, who can beat free with the chance to be on TV?"
Scheduled performers include:
- Victoria Duffield – The multi-talented pop star released her sophomore album, Accelerate, this spring, featuring the hit single "More Than Friends," which is the follow-up to her debut JUNO Award-nominated 2012 album Shut Up and Dance. Victoria was also a Top 6 finalist on The Next Star Season 3.
- 4Count – Brought together and managed by Nick Cannon, and starring in a YTV show set to premiere later this year, this emerging boy band will perform inspiring and energetic singles from their debut album that features their signature upbeat sounds and killer dance moves.
- Alicia Moffet - The Next Star season 6 winner will perform her single "Why Do Boys Lie," produced by hit-maker Rob Wells (Justin Bieber, Backstreet Boys).
- Rebel Coast - Fresh off their win of The Next Star: SuperGroup and solo concerts in Montreal and Toronto, the boy band will perform their singles "We Are The Brave" and "Don't Stop Now."
- Some Assembly Required Stars - Charlie Storwick (The Next Star Season 4 winner) and Kolton Stewart will entertainment the audience with musical performances.
Alongside Nick Cannon, YTV on-air personalities, The Zone's Carlos Bustamante, Mark "Suki" Suknanan, Rachel Bonnetta and Undercover High's Lisa Gilroy will be in the crowd as roving reporters between sets and throughout the event. Dancers from Jade's Hip Hop Academy, flyboarders, wakeboarders, extreme bubble artists, amazing magicians, jugglers, stilt walkers, unicyclists and more acts are on deck for a day of non-stop action. Fans can keep a close eye on www.ytv.com/summerbeachbash, #YTVBeachBash, @YTVofficial on Instagram, @YTV on Twitter and YTV's Facebook page for exciting announcements on musical acts to be added to the roster in the coming weeks.
Toronto's waterfront is home to many summer festivals and events, making it a must-visit destination for tourists and Torontonians alike during the warmer months. YTV Summer Beach Bash produced by Tricon Films & Television will be the only waterfront event to create a festival spirit that includes water activities, games and great food, with the stars of YTV's hit shows and today's hottest musical performers. Its location, Canada's Sugar Beach, is an urban beach oasis located at the foot of Jarvis Street on Toronto's waterfront next to Corus Quay, the home of YTV.
Social Media Links:
Celebrating 25 years in television, YTV is a leading cross platform entertainment brand for kids and families. The channel offers quality entertainment with hilarious animated and live-action comedy series, popular Nickelodeon series, blockbuster movies, top-rated original Canadian programming, music, celebrities and the channel's after-school block, The Zone. Through its multiple platforms and exclusive digital and interactive content, YTV is the voice of Canadian youth culture. YTV is owned by Corus Entertainment Inc. Visit www.ytv.com.
About Tricon Films & Television
Tricon Films & Television is one of North America's leading producers and distributors. With offices in Toronto and Los Angeles, Tricon has quickly emerged as a prominent supplier of award-winning factual and scripted programming that continues to be successful around the world. Tricon's distribution arm features a broad catalogue of high quality, multi-platform content including primetime scripted drama and comedy, kids, lifestyle, factual and documentary series and specials. www.triconfilms.com.
SOURCE: YTV Canada Inc.
For further information: Alina Duviner, Publicist for Summer Beach Bash, Alina@AlinaPublicity.com, 416.574.1098; Emily Blake, Publicist for Summer Beach Bash, email@example.com, 647.291.6097