Future Shop offers shopping advice, hot sellers with nine days left until Santa comes to town
BURNABY, BC, Dec. 16 /CNW/ - Believe it or not, there are just nine days left until the jolly old man in the big red suit drops by homes across the country. If you have yet to start your holiday shopping, you are not alone. In a recent Leger Marketing survey commissioned by Future Shop, almost half of Canadian men confessed to leaving their holiday shopping to the last minute every year. Nationwide, more than one-third of Canadians admitted to shopping in the four days leading to December 25.
"We know last minute shoppers exist and we want to make their lives easier by sharing our insights on what best selling consumer electronics are topping wish lists this year," said Nikki Hellyer, Director of Marketing, Future Shop. "With the best selection and the lowest price guaranteed, Future Shop has the gifts that will satisfy everyone on the holiday shopping list."
To help save time and stress for chronic last-minute shoppers, Future Shop has compiled the top five reasons to change your last-minute shopping habits:
1. Beat the rush: With more than 32 per cent of Canadians admitting to
doing their holiday shopping in the four days leading up to December
25, stores can seem chaotic. Prepare in advance to beat the crowds by
researching gifts online and reserving them for pick-up in a store
near you. Also, take advantage of Future Shop's extended store hours
this holiday. Visit Futureshop.ca to find the store closest to you.
2. Get it delivered: If you start shopping now, you leave enough time
for delivery and can take advantage of the ultimate bliss - shopping
online. Visit individual websites to determine the last possible day
for orders - Future Shop lets you place orders online as late as
December 22 with your gifts delivered by the 24. For details, visit
3. Holiday sales: While the majority (58 per cent) of Canadians believe
the best sales are yet to come on Boxing Day, almost half of
Canadians (47 per cent) have already taken advantage of the sales to
date - confirming that the deals are in fact here. Future Shop is
making things easy with some of the best deals of the year available
in-stores now. Go in-store or online to find the best gift for the
best price - with no waiting necessary.
4. Price guarantee: Until January 3, 2010 (for purchases made November 1
onward) Future Shop has a low-price guarantee to ensure that you get
the best price out there. Customers have the assurance they've bought
their products at the lowest advertised price. Exceptions do apply -
e.g. Boxing Day offers and limited quantity items, check
Futureshop.ca for details.
5. Gifts that fit: Almost 60 per cent of Canadians believe last-minute
shopping results in a "less-desirable" gift. With December 25 a
little over a week away, the pickings are slimmer and the last thing
you want is an upset loved one after they unwrap a homemade sock
Consider the following top sellers at Future Shop this season to help give
the best gifts for everyone on your list:
- Samsung 46" 1080p LCD HDTV(xx) - Future Shop Exclusive - $1149.99 Web
ID: 10121236 http://tinyurl.com/y895a6b
- Pioneer iPod Audio System - $499.99 Web ID: 10133461
- Logitech Harmony One Universal Remote - $309.99 Web ID: 10099158
- SONY Bluray Disc Player - $179.99 Web ID: 10124075
A night in
- The Hangover (Future Shop Exclusive Bonus Bottle Opener) - $29.99 Web
ID: M2172502 http://tinyurl.com/ycc9pqt
- Terminator Salvation (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack) - $29.99 Web
ID: M2172501 http://tinyurl.com/yg3bklc
Strike a pose
- Flip Mino Camcorder (F360W-CA) - White - Web Only - $169.99 Web ID:
- Pentax Optio 10MP Compact Camera - $99.99 Web ID: 10132035
http://tinyurl.com/y9ct3q2 Young at heart
- Powermat Home and Office Wireless Charging Mat - $99.99 Web ID:
- ITC Duck Hunter Virtual Hunting Game - $34.99 Web ID: 10126985
- Apple 8GB 3rd Generation iPod Touch - $179.99 Web ID: 10129471
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PlayStation 3) - $59.99 Web ID:
To view other popular last minute gifts, visit Futureshop.ca or visit your
local Future Shop store.
* All statistics were gathered through a survey conducted by Leger
Marketing on behalf of Future Shop.
Prices as of December 8, 2009.
About Future Shop
With 144 stores across the country and the nation's premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs more than 10,000 technology enthusiasts, has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online community forum and tech blog for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshopforums.ca). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profits organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (see www.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).
SOURCE Future Shop
For further information: For further information: Media contacts: Elliott Chun, Future Shop, firstname.lastname@example.org, (604) 412-1764; Stefanie Niewada, Optimum PR, email@example.com, (416) 934-8020; In Quebec: Thierry Lopez, Future Shop, firstname.lastname@example.org, (514) 905-7713