TORONTO, Dec. 3, 2015 /CNW/ -- Ryan, a leading global tax services firm with the largest indirect tax practice in North America, has written the latest version of Value-Added Taxation in Canada: GST, HST, and QST, an in-depth analysis of the Goods and Services Tax (GST); its counterpart, Harmonized Sales Tax (HST), currently applicable in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario, and Prince Edward Island; and the Quebec Sales Tax (QST). Published by Wolters Kluwer (formerly CCH Canadian), the fifth edition of the book includes the most current tax updates, including proposed amendments (as of September 2015), as well as expert commentary on unique aspects of these taxes not found elsewhere.
"We've essentially written the book on Canadian taxation," said Garry Round, President of Ryan's Canadian operations. "Not only is Value-Added Taxation in Canada: GST, HST, and QST a go-to technical guide for tax professionals, but it's written in plain language and full of useful examples so that even those unfamiliar with these taxes can get a better understanding of the issues and greatly benefit from this resource."
"The book combines discussion on the theoretical and practical questions posed by Canada's value-added taxes, with an emphasis on the implications for private and public sector taxpayers," said Mark Ho, Product Manager at Wolters Kluwer. "The authors have integrated commentary on the impact of all three taxes (GST, HST, and QST) for each topic and provide insight into the legislation and administrative policy at both the federal and provincial level."
Note: Receive a 15% discount on the book through January 23, 2016 by using the promotional code, RYAN, when ordering online.
The latest edition of Value-Added Taxation in Canada: GST, HST, and QST, includes:
- Extensive commentary on further harmonization of the QST, including the impact of the change in tax status for financial services;
- Information on the impact of British Columbia's withdrawal from HST and Prince Edward Island's HST implementation;
- A comprehensive analysis of the HST recapture of input tax credit requirements and scheduled phase-out in Ontario and Prince Edward Island;
- Commentary on new and expanded exemptions and zero-rating provisions, including those recently introduced for health care and hospital parking;
- Improved commentary on the specialized rules for financial institutions, including an overview on the new rules for pension plans;
- Details on current rebate programs, including the point-of-sale rebates available for the provincial component of the HST payable in each participating province;
- The latest on enhanced registration and reporting requirements, as well as other enforcement initiatives and penalties for non-compliance;
- Current GST/HST and QST rates and factors, with annotations for any pending changes; and
- Updated references to relevant legislation, administrative policy, government publications, and recent jurisprudence in each chapter, including budget proposals and draft legislation issued up to June 1, 2015.
Ryan is an award-winning global tax services firm, with the largest indirect and property tax practices in North America and the seventh largest corporate tax practice in the United States. Since 1974, the Firm's Canadian practice, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, has supported multinational companies operating across Canada with a suite of provincial, federal, and international tax services. With global headquarters in Dallas, Texas, the Firm provides a comprehensive range of tax advisory and consulting services on a multi-jurisdictional basis, including audit defence, tax recovery, credits and incentives, tax process improvement and automation, tax appeals, tax compliance, and strategic planning. Ryan is a three-time recipient of the International Service Excellence Award from the Customer Service Institute of America (CSIA) for its commitment to world-class client service. Empowered by the dynamic myRyan work environment, which is widely recognized as the most innovative in the tax services industry, Ryan's multi-disciplinary team of more than 2,100 professionals and associates serves over 12,000 clients in more than 40 countries, including many of the world's most prominent Global 5000 companies. More information about Ryan can be found at ryan.com/Canada.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140716/127737
PRESS INFORMATION CONTACT:
Senior Manager, Public Relations and Communications