LG proves "Simple is the New Smart" with its latest G Series smartphone
TORONTO, July 3, 2014 /CNW/ - LG Electronics (LG) today announced the LG G3 is coming to Canada through Bell, MTS, Rogers, Sasktel and Videotron, as well as national retailers Tbooth wireless, The Source, WIRELESSWAVE, WIRELESS etc…, and WOW mobile beginning August 1. Recently announced at a global press event in May, the LG G3 combines all new camera features with the clearest HD display, innovative design and personalized user experience demonstrating that simple is the new smart.
"Life is complicated. Your smartphone shouldn't be!" said Ross Snow, Vice-President, LG Mobile Communications. "The LG G3 packs the innovation consumers want, with the simplicity they crave. Developed under LG's Learning from You philosophy, the G3 demonstrates that in today's evolving smartphone market, real innovation is delivering technology that is both advanced and simple to use."
Powered with the best of what current technology has to offer, the G3 features:
- Advanced camera to capture great pictures on the go – Utilizing Laser Auto Focus, this first-of-its-kind 13 MP OIS+ camera is up to 70 per cent quicker at focusing than the average smartphone camera, capturing users' moments faster and with less blur. The 2.1MP front camera is also equipped with a Front-Facing Soft Light – a similar lighting effect used by professional photographers – to help create the perfect selfie, every time.
- True-to-life viewing experience – With 538 ppi and a screen ratio of 76.4 per cent, the G3's 5.5-inch Quad HD IPIS display produces images that are 400 per cent sharper and clearer than traditional HD smartphone displays.
- Exceptional battery power – The G3 is equipped with a 3,000mAh removable battery and advanced optimization technology, delivering an extraordinary battery life that can keep up with users' busy lives.
- Upgraded user experience that is unique to each consumer – The all new Smart Keyboard features adaptive technology that allows users to adjust the keyboard size and layout based on individual preference. Smart Notice serves as a personal assistant, learning patterns and providing recommendations based on past behaviours and device information.
- Balanced and simplified design – The G3's Floating Arc design and rear-key create a comfortable grip for one-handed use, while the stylish metallic finish keeps the smartphone looking clean and fingerprint-free.
Part of creating the ultimate smartphone experience includes keeping data secure when phones are shared, misplaced, lost or stolen. To ensure information stays protected – under all circumstances – the LG G3 offers a number of advanced Smart Security features, including:
- Kill Switch – In the event of smartphone theft, G3 owners can disable their phones remotely, wiping all personal information from the G3.
- Knock Code TM – Merging security and convenience, create a customized knock pattern to unlock the device with a combination of three to eight taps.
- Content Lock – Keep personal files safe and hidden when sharing the G3 with friends, by locking files on either the G3's internal memory or microSD card.
For a full list of specifications please click here: LGG3.ca
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is an innovator and trend leader in the global mobile communications industry. LG is driving the evolution of mobile forward with its highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery and camera optics and strategic partnerships with noted industry leaders. LG's consumer-centric products — including the flagship premium G Series models — incorporate unique, ergonomic designs and intuitive UX features that enhance the user experience. The company remains committed to leading consumers into the era of convergence, maximizing inter-device connectivity between smartphones, tablets and a wide range of home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit http://www.LG.com
About LG Electronics Canada
The LG brand was established in 1995. The company is a global leader in electronics, information and communications products, with more than 117 operations around the world, and annual worldwide revenues of more than US $49 billion. LG Canada is comprised of five business units - Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Home Entertainment, Business Solutions and Commercial Air Conditioning. The company has offices in Toronto and Vancouver. LG Canada is focused on delivering award-winning products known for blending style and technology. These innovative products include cell phones, flat screen TVs, laptop computers and home appliances. For more information please visit www.LG.com
Image with caption: "LG's latest smartphone, the all new G3, coming to Canada beginning August 1 (CNW Group/LG Electronics Canada, Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140703_C3017_PHOTO_EN_4078.jpg
SOURCE: LG Electronics Canada, Inc.
For further information: Media Contacts: Court Elliott, LG Electronics Canada, Inc., P: 647-253-6300. ext 2903 | C: 647.828.0462, email@example.com; Anne Morello, Senior Consultant, LG-One Canada, P: 416-486-5904 | C: 416.316.4840, firstname.lastname@example.org