WINNIPEG, July 26, 2016 /CNW/ - The Canadian Grain Commission reminds the grain industry and producers about grain grading changes that come into effect on August 1, 2016 in western Canada:
- Primary and export grade determinant tables for the new Canada Northern Hard Red and Canada Western Special Purpose wheat classes take effect.
- Canada Western Feed, Canada Western General Purpose and Canada Western Interim wheat classes will be eliminated.
- Poor colour has been added to the definition for degree of soundness for Oats, No. 4 Canada Western.
The Official Grain Grading Guide, including the new primary grade determinant tables, will be posted on the Canadian Grain Commission's website on July 29, 2016 and will come into effect August 1, 2016.
- A new moisture table for Great Northern White Beans took effect, July 1, 2016, as well as a new procedure for estimating moisture in Yellow Beans.
- Procedures for producer railway cars will be available on the Canadian Grain Commission's website on July 29, 2016 and are effective August 1, 2016.
Canadian Grain Commission
The Canadian Grain Commission is the federal agency responsible for establishing and maintaining Canada's grain quality standards. Its programs result in shipments of grain that consistently meet contract specifications for quality, safety and quantity. The Canadian Grain Commission regulates the grain industry to protect producers' rights and ensure the integrity of grain transactions.
SOURCE Canadian Grain Commission
For further information: Daryl Beswitherick, Program Manager, Quality Assurance Standards, Canadian Grain Commission, 204-983-4627, firstname.lastname@example.org