The 56th Annual Canadian American Days includes Steep Discounts to Help "Offset" Difference in Canadian Exchange Rate
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C., Nov. 21, 2016 /CNW/ -- Though the 56th annual Canadian-American Festival lasts just one week – March 11 – 19, 2017 – select Myrtle Beach area hotels, merchants and attractions are offering discounts from January through April 2017 for travelers with a valid Canadian passport. Ranging from 25 to as much as 55 percent, the discounts are designed to help Canadians "make up" the difference in the Canadian exchange rate.
"We have seen a growing number of Canadian visitors to the Myrtle Beach area, especially in the past decade," said Keith Pierce, public relations strategist for the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB. "The late winter and early spring seasons offer mild weather, more affordable accommodations and more elbow room at area attractions. The special promotions for our Canadian neighbors provide even more incentive by bridging the gap in the exchange rate."
Some of the offers include:
Discounts on accommodations:
- Ocean Creek Resort – offering up to a 55% discount on stays of 7 nights or longer
- Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, Captain's Quarters Resort and Hotel BLUE – offering Canadian visitors up to a 50% discount on stays of 7 nights or longer
- Sea Watch Resort – offering up to a 50% discount special on stays of 7 nights or longer
- Caravelle Resort and Landmark Resort – offering up to a 48% discount special on stays of 7 nights or longer
- Sun N Sand Resort – offering special weekly rates for Canadian visitors
- DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront – offering 20% off best available rate
The following properties are making the long trip a little easier with a $100 gas credit plus a $10 daily credit toward breakfast at on-site restaurants:
- Anderson Ocean Club & Spa
- Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
- Camelot by the Sea Resort
- Carolinian Beach Resort
- Ocean Park Resort
- The Patricia Grand
Discounts on events and attractions:
- WonderWorks Myrtle Beach – offering 30% off admission or Soar+Explore combo ticket
- Pelicans Baseball – fans can save up to $4 per ticket on Myrtle Beach Pelicans tickets
- The Calvin Gilmore Theater – offering $15 tickets for The Time Warp Show with purchase of tickets to The Carolina Opry
- The Market Common – offering free "perks" book worth hundreds in savings
Special offers will continue to be added on the Can-Am promotions page where more detailed information, as well as restrictions, will be posted.
About Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Stretching from Little River to Pawleys Island and comprising 12 distinct communities, the Myrtle Beach area is home to 96 kilometers of sandy beaches, an assortment of entertainment and family attractions and world-class golf. Popularly known as the Grand Strand, the Myrtle Beach area presents the quintessential vacation experience peppered with plenty of Southern hospitality.
For additional information on the Myrtle Beach area, visit www.visitmyrtlebeach.com or call (888) Myrtle-1.
SOURCE Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB
For further information: Media Contact: Keith Pierce, APR, Public Relations Strategist, Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB, O: (843) 916-7235; C (843) 582-4778, Keith.Pierce@VisitMyrtleBeach.com, http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com