– Featuring The Danocracy, DAN FOR A WEEK to air six-episode season on YouTube and Much.com –
– YouTwoTV, Realistically Saying, and Moving Mind Studios are the newest YouTube creators and digital influencers to partner with Much Digital Studios –
TORONTO, March 7, 2017 /CNW/ - Much Digital Studios announced today its first-ever original series DAN FOR A WEEK, set to launch exclusively on YouTube and Much.com this spring. The six-episode series follows Much Creator Dan James, a.k.a. The Danocracy, as he tries to spend a whole week governed by somewhat unusual conditions. DAN FOR A WEEK, which is produced in-house by Bell Media's digital video team, is currently in production in Toronto.
The news of Much Digital Studios' leap to series production comes as the multi-channel network hits the 6.4 million combined subscriber mark. Recently adding three new YouTubers to its already diverse roster of creators and influencers, Much Digital Studios now generates more than 6.8 million combined views weekly. The three new Creators are: comedic duo YouTwoTV, hilarious trio Moving Mind Studios, and musician and vlogger Realistically Saying. For more details about the new Much Digital Studios Creators, click here.
"Our new original series with Dan is the latest example of how Much Digital Studios is expanding our range of content," said Justin Stockman, Vice-President, Pay and OTT Services, Bell Media. "The growth of our creator network continues to open up a world of new possibilities, not only for how we interact with our audience, but also for what we can offer to brands."
Some recent milestones and memorable moments from Much Digital Studios include:
- Jus Reign, who recently surpassed 800,000 subscribers, teamed up with Much host Tyrone Edwards, and fellow creators ThatDudeMcFly, 4YallEntertainment, and Mila Victoria to revive the annual Much Tree Toss.
- Jus Reign was recently nominated for Best Host in a Variety or Competition Program or Series by the Canadian Screen Awards for hosting the THE 2016 IHEARTRADIO MMVA RED CARPET alongside co-hosts Chloe Wilde and Jillea.
- 4YallEntertainment's first Toronto meetup and pop-up shop saw fans lining up around the block, waiting hours to get autographs, pictures, and merchandise from the hilarious brothers.
- Comedy duo YouTwoTV saw more than 13 million views on their channel in January 2017, an increase of more than 200% since September, 2016.
- Comedian and designer Deejdesign has grown his subscriber base by more than 80 times since joining in November 2015, from 5,000 to more than 410,000.
- Self-proclaimed "sneakerhead," SneakerTalk's subscriber base has grown almost 9 times since joining in November 2015, from 10,000 to nearly 90,000.
- Jaclyn Forbes has seen her subscriber base grow to three times its size since joining in March 2016, from 25,000 to more than 91,000.
- Fashionista and beauty vlogger AmandaRachLee surpassed 120,000 subscribers, growing her base more than three times its size from when she first joined in November 2015.
Much Digital Studios' unparalleled reach continues to attract the attention of top brands in Canada, who partner with Much Creators to create engaging promotional content. Some notable brand activations include: Jus Reign and The Danocracy take to the streets to help people earn SCENE points, and spread awareness that points can be used to buy more than just movie tickets; Chelsi Madonna and Askylit Avenue help spread awareness about RBC's #make150count campaign and showcase the impact $150 can have on a community; Harjit Bhandal and Jaz Saini, from YouTwo TV, get behind the counter at Subway to help promote National Subway Day and spread awareness for the SUBWAY® partnership with Food Banks Canada; and MissFenderr visits the HI-Banff Alpine Centre for Much's Far and Wide Travel Campaign, and reported back on the benefits of staying in hostels while travelling in Canada.
About Much Digital Studios:
As part of Much.com, Much Digital Studios is the next evolution of the Much brand. It is the latest way Much is connecting with Canadian and international youth, celebrating the diversity, creativity, and irreverence of its fans by keeping them at the centre of everything it does. Based at the Much Queen Street West headquarters in Toronto, the engaging roster of channels available via Much Digital Studios perfectly embodies what it means to be young in Canada today.
Much is the go-to channel for all things pop-culture, delivering trendworthy, topical programming, and exclusive live events. From the MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS to its industry-leading online and social media outreach, including Much.com, on Twitter (with nearly a million followers), and Facebook (with more than 1.2 million likes), Much continues to deliver unique and clever programming to its audience. Much supports the Canadian music video production industry with its annual, multi-million dollar contribution to MuchFACT. Much is available in more than 8.2 million homes across Canada via satellite, IPTV, and cable, as well as more than 1 million mobile devices. Much is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
For further information: Tonia Addison, Music and Lifestyle, Bell Media, 416.384.2194 or email@example.com; Amanda Rinaldo, Music and Lifestyle, Bell Media, 416.384.5325 or firstname.lastname@example.org