New Capabilities Unchain IT from the Desktop and Protect User Privacy
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., July 1, 2014 /CNW/ - Mobile is changing the way business runs. Now it is also changing the way information technology (IT) professionals work. A recent Ponemon Institute study of 400 IT professionals found "agility and preparedness for change" was the most important factor to maintain an effective mobile strategy over time. MobileIron (NASDAQ: MOBL), a leader in enterprise mobility management (EMM), today announced new capabilities in its summer release to enable this agility and power the next generation of enterprise IT:
- MobileIron Insight is a new tablet app that allows IT to manage its mobile deployment at any time, from anywhere.
- MobileIron Spaces is a new structure within MobileIron Core that allows IT to establish data and task boundaries to protect user privacy and provide flexible delegation of IT responsibilities.
- The MobileIron summer release also adds new OS platform, data security, and ecosystem integration capabilities that allow IT to adapt to the rapidly evolving mobile environment.
For more details, join MobileIron for a webinar discussion of the new capabilities on July 9 at 8 AM PST. Register online today.
"Businesses are increasingly focused on providing Mobile First services for their employees. It is time for IT professionals to get that same level of attention," said Ojas Rege, vice president of Strategy at MobileIron. "A Mobile First IT organization does a better job of enabling a Mobile First business. These new capabilities focus on giving IT professionals the power, flexibility, and knowledge they need to be successful."
MobileIron Insight Unchains IT from the Desktop
Insight is a new app for iPads and Android tablets that provides a Mobile First experience for IT to easily view, monitor, and manage its mobile deployment at any time, from anywhere. IT administrators are no longer tied to their PCs and browsers for EMM. With Insight, IT administrators can:
- Search for users and devices
- View devices by platform, ownership, carrier, and compliance
- Drill down into specific device status and configuration information
- Troubleshoot issues
- Assign policies and take basic actions
Insight makes mobile IT professionals more productive by giving them a Mobile First experience for EMM. You can download the app today on Google Play and the Apple App Store.
MobileIron Spaces Protect Privacy and Provide Flexible Delegation
As Global 5000 enterprises embrace mobility, the number of IT professionals who need to access a MobileIron system increases and their tasks become more complex. IT responsibilities can differ by function, geography, device ownership, or a host of other criteria, so traditional role-based access control is no longer enough. To meet the needs of the global, mobile enterprise, MobileIron Core will include a new foundational structure called "Spaces," which will allow global administrators to set data and task boundaries across their IT staff. With Spaces, organizations will be able to:
- Protect user privacy by ensuring that administrators can only access mobile data and take actions appropriate to their role. For example, very few, if any, administrators might be authorized to access application inventory or location on a particular device. Spaces are designed to ensure that unauthorized administrators cannot view this data. MobileIron has a history of innovation for protecting user privacy and, in April 2014, was granted US patent 8695058 for "Selective management of mobile device data in an enterprise environment".
- Delegate administrative permissions for devices based on user or device attributes such as device ownership (BYOD vs. corporate), country, language, employee function, OS platform, or device type. An administrator in one country or business unit should not be able to view or take actions on devices in another country or business unit. The same administrator may also have broad permissions on a corporate device but only a subset of those permissions on a personal device.
- Set priorities across Spaces to eliminate conflicts. For example, the Executive Space, which represents all executive devices, may have a higher priority than the iOS Space, which represents all iOS devices. As a result, the same IT administrator will follow a different set of policies and take a different set of actions on the CEO's corporate iPad versus the engineer's BYOD iPhone.
Spaces will allow global IT organizations to make each IT function productive by providing access to the information and permissions it needs to complete its tasks without compromising privacy or policy boundaries. Spaces were developed to provide the flexibility and granularity needed to match both the requirements of a decentralized global IT organization and the complexities of a mobile deployment.
For more information, visit http://www.mobileiron.com/en/products/core.
Additional New Capabilities
The MobileIron summer release also includes several new capabilities that will give IT professionals the power, flexibility, and knowledge they need to be successful:
OS platform expansion
- AppConnect containerization support for Samsung KNOX 2.0 to provide an additional level of device security and trust
- Expanded policy support for Windows Phone 8.1, including app whitelisting and blacklisting to prevent unauthorized apps from executing on a corporate device
- AppConnect containerization support for hybrid web apps built with the PhoneGap mobile application development platform
- Advanced traffic control with MobileIron Sentry to ensure that enterprise data is routed through appropriate content inspection or filtering systems for data loss prevention (DLP)
- Enhancements to the MobileIron Sentry Monitoring Console to troubleshoot connectivity and network utilization issues for email and app service management
- Expanded API support to allow external systems to publish apps through the MobileIron Enterprise App Storefront
MobileIron (NASDAQ: MOBL) provides the foundation for companies around the world to transform into Mobile First organizations. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements relating to, among other things, the expected launch of our next product release, including the Insight app, the MobileIron Core functionality, and the new OS platform expansion, data security and ecosystem integration capabilities, as well as the expected timing and customer benefits of the product release. The success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks. Actual results could differ materially from those predicted or implied. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, among other things, our ability to successfully develop new solutions and enhancements and to respond promptly to rapidly evolving markets, customer adoption of our platform, defects in our solutions, and competitive developments. More information about the risks MobileIron faces is included in our SEC filings, copies of which may be obtained at http://investors.mobileiron.com or the SEC's web site at www.sec.gov. Undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements in this release. We assume no obligation to update such statements.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120920/MM78751LOGO
For further information:
Sara Nixon, MobileIron, email@example.com, 650-336-3123