KENORA, ON, July 29, 2015 /CNW/ - The Honourable Greg Rickford, Minister of Natural Resources, today announced the 2015 ENERGY STAR® Market Transformation Award winners at an event held at the Canadian Tire store in Kenora. The awards are presented to utilities, manufacturers, retailers, associations and home builders who have demonstrated exemplary performance in developing and promoting the most energy-efficient products and homes in the market.
Minister Rickford presented the Sustained Excellence award to the Canadian Tire Corporation for consistently helping its customers save energy and money through the promotion and sale of ENERGY STAR®-certified products. All of this year's award recipients, including the Canadian Tire Corporation, have excelled in offering Canadian consumers the most energy-efficient products available on the market.
The 2015 ENERGY STAR® Award winners are:
- Sustained Excellence: Canadian Tire Corporation
- Manufacturer of the Year—Appliances: Whirlpool Canada LP
- Manufacturer of the Year—Electronics: Samsung Electronics Canada
- Manufacturer of the Year—Lighting: Globe Electric
- Manufacturer of the Year—Windows and Doors: All Weather Windows Ltd.
- Retailer of the Year: The Home Depot Canada
- Utility of the Year—Provincial: Hydro-Québec
- Utility of the Year—Regional: PowerStream Inc.
- Promotional Campaign of the Year: Manitoba Hydro
- Advocate of the Year: Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care
- Promoter of the Year—ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient: Vinyl Window Designs Ltd.
- Recruit of the Year: Supply Chain Management Association
- New Homes Builder of the Year: Arista Homes Limited
ENERGY STAR® has been administered in Canada since 2001 by Natural Resources Canada in collaboration with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Since 2005, Canadians have had the option of choosing ENERGY STAR®-qualified homes that are designed and built to achieve high levels of energy efficiency, making it easy for consumers to save money and protect the environment.
- ENERGY STAR® is the mark of high-efficiency products in Canada. The ENERGY STAR® symbol makes it easy for consumers to identify the best energy performers on the market.
- More than 2,000 organizations are participating in the ENERGY STAR® Program in Canada.
- A recent survey found that the ENERGY STAR symbol is tied as the most influential tool for consumers when purchasing energy-efficient products and homes.
- The International Energy Agency ranked Canada second in the world for its rate of energy-efficiency improvements between 1990 and 2010.
"This year's ENERGY STAR® Award recipients are setting an example for the Canadian business community through their sustained leadership in promoting responsible energy use. I applaud the work of Canadian Tire and all the winners in encouraging Canadians to save money and reduce energy use by making energy-efficient choices."
Minister of Natural Resources
2015 ENERGY STAR® Market Transformation Awards
SOURCE Natural Resources Canada
For further information: Media may contact: Alexandra Lemieux, Press Secretary, Office of Canada's Minister of Natural Resources, 613-996-2007 or Media Relations, Natural Resources Canada, Ottawa, 613-992-4447; The general public may contact: Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. EDT, Telephone: 613-995-0947, TTY: 613-996-4397, (teletype for the hearing-impaired), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Follow us on Twitter: @NRCan (http://twitter.com/nrcan)