The Honourable Julian Fantino presents commendations at a ceremony in Vaudreuil-Dorion
VAUDREUIL-DORION, QC, Sept 4, 2014 /CNW/ - The Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of Veterans Affairs, today honoured the following 19 Quebec residents with commendations for their exemplary service to Veterans:
- George Beaulieu, Sherbrooke
- Maurice Carrière, Coteau-du-Lac
- Wes Cross, Montreal
- Roch-Serge Fortier, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
- Pierre Garneau, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
- David Houghton, Montreal
- André Houle, Trois-Rivières
- Daniel Lafontaine, Quebec
- Daniel Lefort, Sainte-Martine
- Marie Letemplier, Sherbrooke
- Charles Marinier, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
- Chris Mulligan, Montreal
- Luc O'Bomsawin, Wendake
- Vera Sherlock, LaSalle
- Edward Soloway, Montreal
- Reno St-Germain, Gatineau
- Michel Tailleux, Quebec
- Réjean Thibault, Matane
- Sébastien Vincent, LaSalle
The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation is awarded to individuals who have contributed to the care and well-being of Veterans or to the remembrance of the contributions, sacrifices and achievements of Veterans.
- The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Commendation is intended primarily for Veterans, but may be awarded to non-Veterans in recognition of their service to the Veterans community.
- To date, 97 Quebecers have received the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation.
"It is a privilege to recognize the selfless efforts of these dedicated individuals who have generously given of their time and energy to support and care for our Veterans. Their exemplary contributions are indicative of the enormous respect and gratitude shared by all Canadians for the men and women who have served in uniform."
The Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of Veterans Affairs
"It is a pleasure to honour these extraordinary men and women for their commitment to Canada's Veterans. On behalf of the Province of Quebec, and all Canadians, I would like to express my most sincere gratitude."
The Honourable Denis Lebel, Minister of Infrastructure, Communities and Intergovernmental Affairs, and Minister of the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec
"On behalf of all Senators, I would like to congratulate the devoted men and women who received the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation today. They have contributed greatly, and in an exemplary manner, to the care and recognition of Canada's Veterans and their families."
Senator Larry Smith
SOURCE: Veterans Affairs Canada
For further information: Barbara Mottram, Director of Communications, Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs, 613-996-4649 | Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468