Millennial Entrepreneur? Top 5 Reasons Why the BDC Young Entrepreneur Award Is Perfect for You - $100,000 Grand Prize, Closes April 3

5) You could boomerang into the big leagues.
Fact: About 50% of small businesses in Canada fail in the first five years, according to Statistics Canada data. Winning a hundred grand can help you complete a new growth project and achieve success.

4) You can claim the spotlight.
Fact: BDC Young Entrepreneur Award finalists profit from a tremendous amount of exposure. Make your business known today and claim your spot in the marketplace!

3) You get added value just for applying. Way to go!
Fact: Entering the BDC Young Entrepreneur Award goes beyond winning or losing. The application process is extremely valuable as it forces you to take a strategic look at the big picture and helps you clarify your priorities.

2) BDC understands small business.
Fact: BDC is the only bank dedicated exclusively to Canadian entrepreneurs. We understand the challenges young businesses face and we have the expertise to help you make the best of the opportunities ahead.

1) You CAN grow beyond your turning point.
You're at a juncture where you need to take your business to the next level. You owe it to yourself to make it happen. Now that's a $100,000 fact.

MONTREAL, March 11, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Young entrepreneurs have until April 3, 2014, at noon, Eastern Daylight Time to enter the BDC Young Entrepreneur Award contest organized by the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC). Canadian business owners aged 18 to 35 compete for a grand prize of $100,000 and a second prize of $25,000 in consulting services from BDC.

BDC is looking for young entrepreneurs who face a turning point: continue at their current pace or grow to achieve long-term success. Applicants have to submit a short video describing their turning point and proposed solution. All entries must describe a project that has yet to be implemented. Apply online at and review more information about the format of the video submission, contest rules, eligibility criteria and application process.

For updates about the 2014 BDC Young Entrepreneur Award, follow BDC on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Visit to learn about other ways in which BDC recognizes Canadian entrepreneurs.

About the BDC Young Entrepreneur Award contest
Created by the Business Development Bank of Canada in 1988, the BDC Young Entrepreneur Award contest pays tribute to remarkable Canadian entrepreneurs between 18 and 35 years of age. Up to 11 finalists — one for each province and one for the combined territories — will be selected to compete for a $100,000 grand prize. A second prize of $25,000 in consulting services will be awarded to the runner-up. For the first time, a national committee will give each finalist a score that will be combined with the public vote. The national committee evaluation is weighted to account for 30% of each project's final ranking and the public vote will account for the remaining 70% of the ranking.

About BDC
Canada's business development bank, BDC puts entrepreneurs first. With almost 2,000 employees and more than 100 business centres across the country, BDC offers financing, subordinate financing, venture capital, securitization and consulting services to more than 28,000 small and medium-sized companies. Their success is vital to Canada's economic prosperity.

SOURCE: Business Development Bank of Canada

For further information:

Maria Constantinescu
Senior Advisor, Public Relations
(514) 496-7146

Custom Packages

Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.

Start today.

CNW Membership

Fill out a CNW membership form or contact us at 1 (877) 269-7890

Learn about CNW services

Request more information about CNW products and services or call us at 1 (877) 269-7890