Industry leaders to deliver new solutions and mobile experiences for mutual customers.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and salesforce.com chairman and CEO Marc Benioff to host conference call for press and analysts at 1:45 p.m. PDT on May 29.
REDMOND, Wash. and SAN FRANCISCO, May 29, 2014 /CNW/ - On Thursday Microsoft Corp. and salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) announced a strategic partnership to create new solutions that connect salesforce.com's customer relationship management (CRM) apps and platform to Microsoft Office and Windows so customers can be more productive. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"We are excited to partner with salesforce.com and help customers thrive in a mobile and cloud-first world," said Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft. "Working together we'll deliver new solutions that connect the customer insights of Salesforce to the cloud productivity of Office 365, the cloud platform of Azure and the mobility of Windows, so our customers can do more."
"Today is about putting the customer first," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "Together with Microsoft, we are building bridges that allow customers to be more productive."
The companies plan to deliver the following solutions:
- Salesforce1 for Windows and Windows Phone 8.1. Will enable customers to access Salesforce and run their business from their Windows devices. A preview is planned to be available in fall 2014 with general availability in 2015.
- Salesforce for Office 365. New interoperability between Salesforce and Office 365 will give customers access to the content they need to collaborate, sell, service and market from virtually anywhere. Plans include the ability to:
- Access, share, edit and collaborate on Office content from within Salesforce and on Salesforce1 using Office Mobile, Office for iPad and Office 365.
- Use OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online as integrated storage options for Salesforce.
- Use Salesforce and Outlook together with a new Salesforce App for Outlook.
- Connect Salesforce data to Excel and Power BI for Office 365 to visualize information and find new insights.
Company CEOs to host conference call
More information about the partnership will be shared in a teleconference Thursday, May 29, with Nadella and Benioff. The teleconference will begin at 1:45 p.m. PDT.
- A live audiocast of the conference call can be accessed through salesforce.com's Investor Relations website, http://www.salesforce.com/investor, and Microsoft's Investor Relations website, http://www.microsoft.com/investor.
- Participants who choose to call into the conference call can do so by dialing (866) 901-7332 for U.S. participants or (706) 902-1764 for international participants, passcode 47761253.
Salesforce.com is the world's largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
Salesforce, salesforce.com and the Salesforce logo are trademarks of salesforce.com.
© 2014 salesforce.com. All rights reserved.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20000822/MSFTLOGO
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass on Microsoft's corporate information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft's Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/contactpr.mspx.
SOURCE: Microsoft Corp.
For further information:
Mark Miller, Microsoft, (425) 421-8097, email@example.com; Kate McLaughlin, Salesforce.com, (415) 778-3287, firstname.lastname@example.org; Rapid Response Team, Waggener Edstrom Communications for Microsoft, (503) 443-7070, email@example.com