TORONTO, Dec. 13, 2016 /CNW/ - A Hearing Panel of the Central Regional Council of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada ("MFDA") has issued its Reasons for Decision ("Reasons for Decision") in connection with a settlement hearing held in Toronto, Ontario on December 6, 2016 in the matter of John Alojz Kodric (the "Respondent"). The Reasons for Decision relate to the Hearing Panel's acceptance of the settlement agreement (the "Settlement Agreement") entered into between the Respondent and Staff of the MFDA. In its Reasons for Decision dated December 12, 2016, the Hearing Panel confirmed the sanctions imposed on the Respondent:
- a one year prohibition on the authority of the Respondent to conduct securities related business in any capacity while in the employ of or associated with any MFDA Member;
- a fine in the amount of $45,000, payable as follows:
- $10,000 payable on or before the date of the settlement hearing; and
- The balance of $35,000 payable in seven monthly instalments of $5,000 each, commencing on January 9, 2017;
- costs in the amount of $5,000.
A copy of the Reasons for Decision is available on the MFDA website at www.mfda.ca. During the period described in the Reasons for Decision, the Respondent conducted business in Brampton, Ontario.
The MFDA is the self-regulatory organization for Canadian mutual fund dealers, regulating the operations, standards of practice and business conduct of its Members and their approximately 83,000 Approved Persons with a mandate to protect investors and the public interest. For more information about the MFDA's complaint and enforcement processes, as well as links to 'Check an Advisor' and other Investor Tools, visit the For Investors page on the MFDA website.
SOURCE Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
For further information: Charles Toth, Director, Litigation, 416-943-4619, email@example.com