TORONTO, Nov. 24, 2015 /CNW/ - Seven Ontario long-term care organizations have been recognized for excellence in quality and innovation.
The Ontario Long Term Care Association represents nearly 70% of long-term care homes in the province. Every year, Association members submit their quality and innovation success stories to the Ontario Long Term Care Association's quality awards program. The final selections are made by an independent external panel.
"Long-term care homes are doing great work to improve the care and quality of life of their residents, but it's often under the radar," says Candace Chartier, CEO, Ontario Long Term Care Association. "The awards are a way to say "Thank you" for their accomplishments and leadership, and to shine a light on homes, programs, and people that will inspire others."
At the awards ceremony last night, the following long-term care homes and organizations were presented with 2015 Quality and Innovation Awards:
OLTCA/Excellence Canada Long Term Care Home of the Year Award
- The O'Neill Centre, Toronto
Workplace of the Year
- Trinity Village, Kitchener
QI Team of the Year
QI Innovation of the Year
- Sienna Senior Living (Cyber Seniors Program)
Culture Change Home of the Year
Best New Product or Service of the Year Award
- Leadership Training Program for Long-Term Care and Retirement Living (Schlegel-University of Waterloo Research Institute for Aging (RIA), Conestoga College, and Schlegel Villages)
Special Recognition Award
- Schlegel Villages and the Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging for their grand opening of the Centre of Excellence for Innovation in Aging
The Association also presented leadership awards to staff in long-term care:
- Janice Dunn, Extendicare Canada Inc.
- Irene Aguiar, Iler Lodge Long Term Care, Essex
- Tina Tolano, Chartwell Gibson Long Term Care, Toronto
- Michelle Wood, The Village of Glendale Crossing, London
- Michelle Beldad, Hawthorne Place Care Centre, Toronto
Personal Support Worker Leadership
- Stacey Rooyakkers, Shelburne Residence
- Hiam Elabd, Village of Glendale Crossing, London
- Deanne Bond, Chartwell Westmount Long Term Care, Kitchener
- Tina Driscoll, Caressant Care Marmora
SOURCE Ontario Long Term Care Association
For further information: Judy Irwin, Senior Manager, Communications, Mobile firstname.lastname@example.org (647-967-8995)