MONTREAL, March 17, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - The Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec – which has nearly 18,500 members on the Island of Montreal – invites media representatives to the first Soirée reconnaissance event of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec for the Montreal region.
WHEN: 6:30 p.m. on Monday, March 20, 2017
WHERE: BAnQ Grande Bibliothèque (475 De Maisonneuve Blvd. East, Montreal)
WHAT: Soirée reconnaissance, which will be emceed by Karina Lehoux and honour:
- a company from the region that will receive a Regional Recognition award for an innovative project that has had a significant impact;
- fourteen (14) students from the region who will receive scholarships from the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec Foundation;
- many new full-fledged engineers who completed their junior engineer period last year and will attend the event to celebrate this important transition in their career, which is also crucial to replenishing the ranks of the profession in the region.
Interviews are possible with:
- OIQ President Kathy Baig, Eng., FEC, MBA, who will participate in this event and present the ENG2020 Plan, an ambitious strategic plan that will enable the OIQ to step up its public protection efforts in the next three years;
- Foundation Board member Radouan Torkmani, Jr. Eng., and Claudia Couture, Foundation Executive Director.
SOURCE Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
For further information: or to set up an interview: Patrick Leblanc, Communications Advisor - Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec, Tel.: 1 800 461-6141, extension 3108, Cell: 514 441-3697; Claudia Couture, Executive Director - The Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec Foundation, Tel.: 450 465-8292 or 514 999-8292