MONTRÉAL, Oct. 28, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Montréal International is pleased to invite media representatives to attend the first-ever Greater Montréal Attractiveness Forum, to be held at Palais des congrès on November 4. The event will be an opportunity for attendees to discuss ways to make Greater Montréal more attractive to foreign investors and local players.
The Forum will feature hands-on workshops where business managers, foreign subsidiary managers and key players who are directly involved in the region's economy can share their views on five key issues that have an impact on the city's ability to attract businesses: foreign talent, education, the digital revolution, promotion, and support services for foreign investors.
As its demography is slowing down, Greater Montréal needs to look past national borders to achieve growth. That means helping local companies export worldwide and working on attracting foreign talent and investment.
Members of the media can attend the Forum kickoff (8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.), tribute luncheon and award ceremony to honour foreign subsidiaries (12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.) and workshop summary session (2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.).
WHAT: Greater Montréal Attractiveness Forum
WHEN: Friday, November 4, 2016
WHERE: Palais des congrès de Montréal (201 Viger Avenue West)
- Dominique Anglade, Minister of Economy, Science and Innovation, and Minister responsible for the Digital Strategy (Forum summary)
- Hubert Bolduc, President and CEO, Montréal International (full-day event)
- Denis Coderre, Mayor of Montréal and President of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal (Forum kickoff)
- Suzanne Fortier (President of the jury), Principal and Vice-Chancellor of McGill University (tribute luncheon honouring subsidiaries)
- Marek Gootman (keynote speaker), Fellow and Director of Strategic Partnerships and Global Engagements, Brookings Institution Metropolitan Policy Program (Forum kickoff)
- L. Jacques Ménard, Chair of BMO Nesbitt Burns, President of BMO Financial Group, Québec, and Chair of the Board of Directors of Montréal International (tribute luncheon)
- 15 business leaders who are members of the Conseil de l'attractivité du Grand Montréal
For the Forum program and details about the event, please go to: http://www.montrealinternational.com/en/about-us/events/attractiveness-forum-november-4-2016/
To learn more about the tribute luncheon and finalists for the foreign subsidiary awards, please go to:
SOURCE Montréal International
For further information: RSVP to: Arielle Rakoto, Marketing Coordinator, Montréal International, 514-987-9345, firstname.lastname@example.org