TORONTO, Jan. 15, 2016 /CNW/ - (TSX:L) The Joe Fresh Centre for Fashion Innovation is looking for their second group of fashion inspired businesses. The application process for the second wave opens on January 15, 2016.
The Joe Fresh Centre for Fashion Innovation, made possible with a $1 million investment from Joe Fresh, will develop and fund Canada's emerging fashion-inspired businesses through the Fashion Zone at Ryerson University.
Up to 21 businesses will work with academic and business advisors to develop their business models, products and go-to-market strategies. Participants will receive:
- 18-month stay in the Joe Fresh Centre in downtown Toronto
- Opportunity to receive start up funding (up to $50,000)
- Exclusive mentorship opportunities to help develop your business
- Dedicated desk and working space
- Eligible marketing and promotion expenses up to $5,000
- Access to equipment, facilities and shared amenities of the Fashion Zone
- Opportunity to be showcased on JoeFresh.com
- Academic recognition by Ryerson University upon completion
The Centre is open to all Canadian individuals and businesses, excluding Quebec. To apply you must meet the below criteria:
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- At least the age of majority in the applicant's province of residence
- Hold a Canadian business registration number (or in the application process)
- Have a business plan and/or prototype for the business or idea
- Submit a personal and professional reference
- Complete the online application and submit a 2-minute video
Application window: January 15, 2016 – February 26, 2016
Notification of acceptance: April 18, 2016
Program duration: May 2, 2016 – October 30, 2017
For more information and details about application requirements and eligibility, please visit JoeFreshCentre.com.
About Joe Fresh
Essential Style. Exceptional Value. Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh offers accessible, modern design in lifestyle collections for women, men and children. Today one of Canada's leading fashion retailers, Joe Fresh brings a contemporary point of view to everyday wardrobe favourites full of colour, polish and thoughtful details. In categories spanning apparel, accessories, footwear and beauty, Joe Fresh provides quality and style for the entire family. In Canada, Joe Fresh products are available online and in more than 350 retail locations, including 14 freestanding stores. In the United States, Joe Fresh is available online and in freestanding stores in New York, including a flagship in the landmark 510 Fifth Avenue building. Since 2014, Joe Fresh has opened stores in South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, United Arab Emirates and Mexico with local partners. For more information, please visit joefresh.com.
Ryerson University is Canada's leader in innovative, career-oriented education and a university clearly on the move. With a mission to serve societal need, and a long-standing commitment to engaging its community, Ryerson offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs. Distinctly urban, culturally diverse and inclusive, the university is home to more than 38,000 students, including 2,300 master's and PhD students, nearly 2,700 faculty and staff, and more than 155,000 alumni worldwide. Research at Ryerson is on a trajectory of success and growth: externally funded research has doubled in the past four years. The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education is Canada's leading provider of university-based adult education. For more information, visit www.ryerson.ca.
SOURCE Loblaw Companies Limited - Joe Fresh
Image with caption: "The Joe Fresh Centre for Fashion Innovation (CNW Group/Loblaw Companies Limited - Joe Fresh)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160115_C7067_PHOTO_EN_599162.jpg
For further information: Media Inquiries - For Joe Fresh: Nicole Plener, Director, Public Relations, Tel: (416) 516-5233 x 517166, firstname.lastname@example.org; For Ryerson University: Dasha Pasiy, Media Relations Officer, The DMZ at Ryerson University, email@example.com