Award recognizes local heroes who take action against child abuse and
TORONTO, Oct. 27 /CNW/ -
WHAT: Stand Up for Kids Award Presentation
The Honourable Laurel Broten will present the seventh annual
Stand Up for Kids Awards to a local citizen and community agency
that have both shown an exceptional commitment to protecting
vulnerable children from abuse and neglect.
The award is sponsored by the Children's Aid Society of Toronto
(CAS of Toronto), Catholic Children's Aid Society of Toronto
(CCAS), Jewish Family and Child Service and Native Child and
Family Services of Toronto.
- The Honourable Laurel Broten, Minister of Children and Youth
- Stand Up for Kids Award recipients, Glory Chowtie and The
- Glory's courageous actions during one of the coldest days
last winter undoubtedly saved the life of a new-born child.
- The Gatehouse offers services that support victims of
childhood abuse. This unique facility has won many accolades
including the Mayor's Community Safety Award, the Ruth
Atkinson Hindmarsh Award and was named Best Practice site for
victims services in Ontario.
- David Rivard, Chief Executive Officer, Children's Aid Society
- Mary Juric, Director of Service, Catholic Children's Aid
Society of Toronto
- Kenn Richard, Executive Director, Native Family and Child
- Richard Cummings, Executive Director, Jewish Child and Family
WHEN: Thursday, October 29 at 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: Main Legislative Building, Queen's Park, Committee Room 230
SOURCE Children's Aid Society of Toronto
For further information: For further information: RSVP: Rob Thompson, Children's Aid Society of Toronto, (416) 924-4640 ext. 1-2086, email@example.com; Anne Rappé, Catholic Children's Aid Society of Toronto, (416) 395-1506, firstname.lastname@example.org