Launch of Free Online Financial Soccer Game Marks One-Month Countdown to the 2010 FIFA World Cup(TM)
TORONTO, May 4 /CNW/ - In timing with the one-month countdown to the 2010 FIFA World Cup(TM), Visa will launch Financial Soccer, a FIFA World Cup inspired online educational game that teaches young Canadians the fundamentals of responsible spending, the banking system, budgeting and saving. With a set of fast-paced, multiple-choice questions, players are tested on their knowledge of financial management skills as they advance down field and score goals against their opponents.
Reinforcing its global commitment to financial literacy, Visa Canada has partnered with Toronto FC star Julian de Guzman to host a kick-off event at St. Mary's Catholic Secondary School. The launch of Financial Soccer also coincides with public consultations in Toronto hosted by Canada's Task Force on Financial Literacy. The Task Force was founded by Finance Minister Jim Flaherty in June 2009 with a mandate to develop a cohesive national strategy to improve financial education across Canada.
Join the students of St. Mary's Catholic Secondary School in learning how financial success, just like success on the field, comes from preparing and practicing good habits.
- Tim Wilson, Head of Visa Canada
- Julian de Guzman, Toronto FC
- Robert Merolle, Principal of St. Mary's Catholic Secondary School
- Students from St. Mary's Catholic Secondary School
- Official launch of Visa Canada's Financial Soccer educational online
- Speak with Julian de Guzman about financial responsibility and
success on and off the field
- Visuals of students at St. Mary's Catholic Secondary School teaming
up to play Financial Soccer
- Speak with Visa Canada about the importance of financial literacy in
- Monday, May 10, 2010
- Event begins at 10:00 AM (Media registration at 9:45 AM)
- St. Mary's Catholic Secondary School
66 Dufferin Park Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M6H 1J6
(For map, visit www.tcdsb.org/schools/stmarysecondary.asp)
SOURCE VISA Canada Corporation
For further information: For further information: To reserve your space at the event or for further information, please contact: Media Contact: Sarah Van Lange, Fleishman-Hillard, (416) 645-8173, firstname.lastname@example.org