TORONTO, April 16 /CNW/ - Geneva Centre for Autism will officially open a new autism resource centre on Monday April 26, 2010. The centre will be Canada's first specialized service facility focusing on teens and young adults with autism.
Considered to be among Ontario's most underserved citizens, youth and adults with autism living in the community will benefit from educational, employment, vocational and leisure training and support provided at the resource centre.
BMO Financial Group, which led the way in the first-ever public fundraising campaign held in support of the centre, will be recognized for their trailblazing gift to help fund the new building.
- The Hon Laurel Broten, Minister of Children and Youth Services
- The Hon Eric Hoskins, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, MPP
for St Paul's
- Senator Jim Munson
- Alexandra Dousmanis-Curtis, Senior Vice President, GTA Division, BMO
Bank of Montreal
- James Kelsey, President, Geneva Centre for Autism Foundation and
Senior Vice-President and Head of Corporate Finance, BMO Financial
- Margaret Whelan, Executive Director, Geneva Centre for Autism
- Matt Green, Youth and Adult Centre client
Autism Awareness Day:
- Donor recognition ceremony
- Unveiling of the building's new name
- Celebration barbeque
- 'The Autism Journey' tour of the facility
Monday, April 26, 2010, at 11:15 am
224 Merton Street, Toronto (Two blocks south of Davisville)
Free parking available at 30 Merton Street
From 10:00 until 12 noon take part in 'The Autism Journey', a family's experience of learning to live with this complex neurological disorder. Discover the challenges, hopes and dreams of young people with an ASD and join us as we celebrate the invaluable contributions of the Centre volunteers during National Volunteer Appreciation Week.
SOURCE BMO Financial Group
For further information: For further information: For media inquiries, please contact: Katie Wilson, Communications Manager, Geneva Centre for Autism, tel: (416) 322-7877 ext. 229, cell: (416) 418-1650, e:firstname.lastname@example.org; Kasia Lech, Media Relations Manager, BMO Financial Group, tel: (416) 867-3996, e: email@example.com