- Today is the last day to contribute to your RRSP- Call 1 800 665-7700
until midnight to make a contribution over the phone
- If you are unsure how to invest your contribution today, consider
"parking" it in a cash account
- BMO Experts available to provide last minute tips
TORONTO, March 1 /CNW/ - BMO Financial Group reminds Canadians that they can contribute to their Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) right up until midnight, March 1, 2010 by calling 1-800-665-7700.
One in three Canadians do not have any Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) investments, according to a recent survey commissioned by BMO Financial Group. This number jumps sharply to 48 per cent when looking specifically at Canadians between the ages of 18 and 34.
As employer-sponsored pension plans become less common, it is more important than ever for Canadians to take control of their own retirement. As the window for the 2009 RRSP contribution period begins closing, BMO Financial Group urges Canadians to contribute before the March 1st deadline.
"Retirement planning can quickly fall to the bottom of the priority list, especially for younger Canadians," says Tina Di Vito, Director, Retirement Strategies, BMO Financial Group. "But as third-party pension plans continue to dwindle, it's critical that Canadians take charge of their retirement and contribute to their RRSPs. In addition to helping prepare for retirement, making a RRSP contribution before the March 1st deadline provides valuable tax breaks as well."
BMO Financial Group has financial experts in every region available for last-minute interviews and wrap-up stories. They can provide investment expertise and tips on a number of topics, including:
- Top last-minute RRSP investing tips
- RRSP advice for small business owners (half of small business owners
over the age of 45 are retiring in the next 10 years)
- Borrowing to invest
- Financial planning strategies for investors of all ages
- Building an investor profile
- Determining how much to save for retirement
- Contributing to wealth-management goals with home equity
- Investing in RRSPs after March 1st
- Using your RRSP refund to invest in a TFSA
SOURCE BMO BANK OF MONTREAL
For further information: For further information: or to arrange for an interview, please contact: Kasia Lech, Toronto, firstname.lastname@example.org, (416) 867-3996; Sarah Bensadoun, Montreal, email@example.com, (514) 877-1101