Video: The canfitpro world fitness expo returns to Toronto on August 10-14, 2016 with the most cutting-edge fitness education and the biggest expo hall in Canada.
Fitness, nutrition experts share best workouts, research & guidelines for healthier lifestyles
TORONTO, July 18, 2016 /CNW/ -
Fitness/wellness experts from around the world will show the newest, most effective workout moves, provide nutrition ideas and share tips for healthier living during the canfitpro world fitness expo at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre August 10-14, 2016.
The expo will feature more than 200,000 square feet of exhibits and 200+ leading companies showcasing the latest fitness trends, nutrition, apparel and equipment in the industry.
Media are encouraged to interview presenters, try the latest workouts and sample fitness equipment, fashions and products. A full list of canfitpro world fitness expo presenters is available at http://bit.ly/25koepn
Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd., Level 600
Media are invited to attend the expo hall on:
Friday, August 12, 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. & Saturday, August 13, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
(Media are also encouraged to attend intensive sessions and interview presenters during the full professional event – August 10-14, 2016)
Friday, August 12
10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Opening Keynote: Harley Pasternak's 5 Things You Need to Do Every Day
11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Cristina Peerenboom and Kirsten Potenza demonstrate POUND Rockout. Workout. A high-energy, drumming-inspired workout.
Saturday, August 13
11:00 – 11:55 a.m.
Tony Horton, creator of P90X, presents The Big Picture: 11 Laws That Will Change Your Life
11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Feature workout with Shaun T, creator of INSANITY, CIZE & Hip Hop Abs, choreographer, dancer and fitness pro
4:15 – 5:30 p.m.
Zumba live workout with Beto Perez, creator of Zumba, Colombian dancer and choreographer
Media are invited to:
Learn from internationally-known fitness and nutrition experts, including:
- Combatting the obesity epidemic, why diets don't work: Dr. Yoni Freedhoff is a family doctor and assistant professor and obesity researcher at the University of Ottawa. He is also founder of Ottawa's non-surgical Bariatric Medical Institute, author of The Diet Fix.
- Food & mood: the gut-brain connection: Michelle Vodrazka is an Ottawa-based nutrition coach, sports nutritionist, yoga instructor and personal trainer. She focuses on a nutritional approach to managing mental wellness and reducing stress and physical discomfort.
- Optimizing your time to achieve fitness goals: Hollywood trainer and nutritionist Harley Pasternak, will share strategies to build fitness and healthier eating into our busy daily routines.
- The opportunities of an aging world: Colin Milner, CEO of the International Council on Active Aging, focuses on the health benefits of staying active over the age of 55.
- Celebrity fitness tips with Tommy Europe & Eric the Trainer: Find out the latest moves and shortcuts to get a Hollywood physique in time for the summer months.
Try the newest workout trends including:
- PiYo (Pilates-Yoga fusion): PiYo combines the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexibility advantages of yoga. And, it's sped up to deliver a true fat-burning, low-impact workout that leaves your body looking long, lean, and incredibly defined.
- YogaFit for Warriors: Shaye Molendyke is a military spouse and former Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Force Reserves in Florida. Her program 'YogaFit for Warriors' focuses on using meditation to re-set the nervous system to help address Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- BollyX – The Bollywood Workout: The Bollywood inspired workout where participants unleash their inner rock star. Experience this interval based dance format that incorporates the best Bollywood choreography and beats from around the world
- Trampoline Fitness (Jumping Fitness Toronto): a combination of fast and slow jumps, variations of traditional aerobic steps, dynamic sprints and 'power sports' elements. Jumping® is three times more effective than jogging.
Test out cutting- edge fitness gear and fashions, from canfitpro world fitness expo exhibitors including Reebok, SKECHERS, RealRyder International, ASICS Canada, LöleWomen, Saucony and more.
canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993, canfitpro delivers accessible, quality education, certifications, conferences, trade shows, and membership services. canfitpro's over 100,000 members include some of the world's finest fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers, and fitness consumers.
SOURCE Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (canfitpro)
Video with caption: "Video: The canfitpro world fitness expo returns to Toronto on August 10-14, 2016 with the most cutting-edge fitness education and the biggest expo hall in Canada.". Video available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4YUTpB_FRk
For further information: To arrange an interview or fitness demonstration before or during the canfitpro world fitness expo, please contact: Holly Dunn, Dunn & Associates Communications and Public Affairs, 902-266-3866 or email@example.com