OTTAWA, Oct. 20, 2016 /CNW/ -
WHAT: Oceana Canada will host its first science symposium Rebuilding Abundance: Restoring Canada's Fisheries for Long-Term Prosperity. The symposium will address why Canada's fisheries are performing well below potential and create a vision for a prosperous and sustainable future.
WHY: Canada's fishing industry is in a critical state. Oceana Canada is bringing together world-renowned experts to help map out a vision for a healthy and prosperous future for our oceans and fisheries.
- The Honourable Dominic LeBlanc, Minister Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard
- Sam Waterston, actor and member of Oceana's Board of Directors
- Alexandra Cousteau, Senior Oceana Advisor
- Leading Canadian and international fisheries experts
- The symposium will take place Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Minister Dominic LeBlanc will speak at 9:15 a.m.
- Sam Waterston will speak at 9:40 a.m.
- Keynote address by Dr. Daniel Pauly will take place at 10 a.m.
- Alexandra Cousteau will speak at 12:30 p.m.
- For a full list of speakers, please visit www.oceana.ca/en/event-speakers
WHERE: Confederation II Room at The Westin Ottawa Hotel, CF Rideau Centre, 11 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ont., K1N 9H4 (613) 560-7000
MORE: For more information, please visit: oceana.ca/RebuildingAbundance
Official symposium hashtag: #oceans4us
SOURCE Oceana Canada
Image with caption: "Oceana Logo (CNW Group/Oceana Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20161019_C2400_PHOTO_EN_799966.jpg
For further information: and/or interview opportnities, please contact: Robyn Lobay, PUBLIC Inc., 647.208.3865, email@example.com,