Making Other Plans – 2016 Edition
TORONTO, Nov. 21, 2016 /CNW/ -
Financial tips & facts from RBC Financial Planning
WHICH… financial goals are top of mind for Canadians?*
- Saving for retirement – 54%
- Saving for a rainy day – 46%
- Reducing or eliminating debt – 42%
WHO… can financial planning help?*
- 75% of Canadians who worry about saving now vs. saving for the future
- 34% of Canadians whose financial plan is "in their heads"
- 31% of Canadians who haven't yet started saving for retirement
* All Canadians aged 18 and over – from RBC 2016 Financial Independence Poll
WHAT… are the 3 top tips RBC Financial Planning has for Canadians to help them manage their finances?
- Have a formal financial plan you review regularly as your life changes, to help you stay on track to reach your goals.
- Prioritize your debt payments by reducing your high interest debts as much and as quickly as you can.
- Pay yourself first – a simple but very effective approach to saving, particularly when you set up automatic savings.
WHO… can media talk to about financial planning advice for Canadians?
- Stuart Gray, Director, Financial Planning Support, RBC
WHERE…can media find more information?
- Please contact Kathy Bevan, RBC Communications, 416-974-8820
SOURCE RBC Royal Bank
For further information: Kathy Bevan, RBC Communications, 416-974-8820, firstname.lastname@example.org