OTTAWA, Nov. 21, 2016 /CNW/ - Manitoba is expected to be among the top provincial performers heading into 2017. As its two prairie neighbours struggle with the collapse of commodity prices in the carbon-based sector, the diversified and stable Manitoba economy continues to make headway and is expected to stay among the provincial leaders.
The Minister of Finance and Chair of the Treasury Board for Manitoba Finance, Cameron Friesen, will join Pedro Antunes, Deputy Chief Economist and Marie-Christine Bernard, Associate Director, Provincial Forecast of The Conference Board of Canada to discuss the issues underpinning the Manitoba economy, from a global, national, provincial and local perspective at the Western Business Outlook 2017: Winnipeg, presented in partnership with the Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce.
When: Thursday, November 24, 2016, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Where: Fort Garry Hotel Spa and Conference Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Who: Speakers include:
- The HonourableCameron Friesen, Minister, Finance and Chair, Treasury Board, Manitoba Finance
- Pedro Antunes, Deputy Chief Economist, The Conference Board of Canada
- Marie-Christine Bernard, Associate Director, Provincial Forecast, The Conference Board of Canada
- Hipolito Alibin, Chief Financial Officer, Head – Corporate Finance Division, Trivenity Corporation
- Ian Craven, Partner, Consulting Services, MNP LLP
- Jessica Dumas, Life Coach and Manager, Community Engagement, Legacy Bowes Group
The Western Business Outlook 2017: Winnipeg has been sponsored by MNP LLP.
For the full list of speakers, schedule and times, visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/16-0222/agenda.aspx
Media accreditation is required.
Follow these events on Twitter with the hashtag #CBoCEconomics
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: and media accreditation: Natasha Jamieson, Communications Coordinator, Tel.: (613) 526-3090, ext. 307, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Yvonne Squires, Media Relations, Tel.: (613) 526-3090, ext. 221, E-mail: email@example.com; Corporate Communications, Telephone: 613-526-3280, firstname.lastname@example.org