TORONTO, May 9, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - According to a recent Conference Board of Canada report, spending on continuing care supports for seniors is projected to reach $62.3 billion by 2026 and to $177 billion by 2046. Increases of this magnitude come with a range of pressures and implications for governments, care organizations and Canadians.
Public and private sectors' health experts and academics will gather at The Conference Board of Canada's Future Care For Canadian Seniors event to address upcoming challenges for seniors' care, including funding and financing, dependency on unpaid caregiving, labour and infrastructure demands and health care cost planning.
When: May 12, 2016
Where: InterContinental Toronto Centre, Toronto, Ontario
Who: Speakers include:
- Eric A. Hanna, President and Chief Executive Officer, Arnprior Regional Health
- Isobel Mackenzie, Seniors Advocate, Province of British Columbia
- Wanda Morris, Chief Operating Officer and Vice-President, Advocacy, CARP
- Shirlee Sharkey, President and Chief Executive Officer, Saint Elizabeth Health Care
- Louis Thériault, Vice-President, Public Policy, The Conference Board of Canada
- Matthew Stewart, Associate Director, National Forecast, The Conference Board of Canada
- Sue VanderBent, Chief Executive Officer, Home Care Ontario
- Thomas G. Wellner, President and Chief Executive Officer, Revera Inc.
Use our new interactive chart to see how the aging population will impact different aspects of healthcare, including spending, employment and care giving in each province through 2046.
For the full schedule and times visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/healthyseniors/agenda.aspx
Media Accreditation is required.
Follow this event on Twitter with the hashtag #CBoCHealth
The Conference Board of Canada's Future Care for Canadian Seniors Conference is sponsored by McKesson Canada, Revera Inc., Medtronic Canada, Saint Elizabeth Health Care and PointClickCare.
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: or media accreditation, contact: Sean Burgess, Media Relations, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 294, E-mail: email@example.com or Juline Ranger, Director of Communications, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 431, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org