HALIFAX, April 4, 2016 /CNW/ - The Conference Board of Canada will host its Atlantic Business Outlook and Atlantic Canada Human Resources Summit in Halifax April 6 - 8.
On April 6, The Honourable Randy Delorey and the Conference Board's Deputy Chief Economist Pedro Antunes, along with public and private sector leaders will examine the issues underpinning the economies of the Maritimes, from a global, national, provincial and local perspectives at the Atlantic Business Outlook.
The Atlantic Canada Human Resources Summit: Focusing on What Matters, April 7-8, will address the challenges in both recruiting and retaining staff given the region's aging workforce and the continuing out-migration of the younger population. This year's Summit will also feature the latest Conference Board research on employee engagement.
- The Westin Nova Scotian, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Speakers at the Atlantic Business Outlook include:
- The Honourable Randy Delorey, Minister of Finance & Treasury Board, Government of Nova Scotia
- Pedro Antunes, Executive Director, Economic Outlook and Analysis, and Deputy Chief Economist, The Conference Board of Canada
- Marie-Christine Bernard, Associate Director, Provincial Forecast, The Conference Board of Canada
- Marc Hamel, Director General of the Census of Population, Statistics Canada
- Laurel C Broten, President and Chief Executive Officer, Nova Scotia Business Inc.
Speakers at the Atlantic Canada Human Resources Summit include:
- Lynn Stoudt, Vice-President, Leadership and Human Resources Research, The Conference Board of Canada
- Myra Hay, Senior HCM Solution Consultant, Workday
- Dr. Bill Howatt, Chief Research and Development Officer, Workforce Productivity, Morneau Shepell Ltd.
- Finn Poschmann, President and Chief Executive Officer, Atlantic Provinces Economic Council
For the full schedule and times visit:
Atlantic Business Outlook
Atlantic Canada Human Resources Summit: Focusing on what Matters
Media Accreditation is required.
Follow these events on Twitter with the hashtags #CBoCEconomics
The Conference Board of Canada's Atlantic Business Outlook is sponsored by the Bank of Montreal. The Atlantic Canada Human Resources Summit: Focusing on what Matters is sponsored by Workday, Morneau Shepell, and The Westin Nova Scotian.
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: or media accreditation, contact: Sean Burgess, Media Relations, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 294, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or, Juline Ranger, Director of Communications, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 431, E-mail: email@example.com