VANCOUVER, Sept. 8, 2015 /CNW/ - In just three weeks, the National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA) will host VanFUNDING 2015, an interactive and immersive half-day crowdfunding conference on September 29 in downtown Vancouver (Library Square).
VanFUNDING 2015 is for innovative ventures and businesses seeking to raise seed/growth capital and expand networks in these quickly emerging markets. This event is the first of its kind in Western Canada, and is being supported by a wide range of venture funding and financial innovation frontrunners. The agenda covers hot topics in crowdfunding, fintech and venture investing through an immersive format that includes storytelling, expert panel discussions, fireside chats and mentoring throughout the day program and networking reception.
Following the adoption of the Start-up Exemption by securities regulators in the Group of 6 provinces (including BC) this May, the conditions are favourable for equity crowdfunding in these jurisdictions, allowing businesses to raise up to $500,000 per calendar year through online funding portals. Global crowdfunding markets grew 167% from $6.1 billion in 2013 to $16.2 billion in 2014, due to heightened market activity, increased infrastructure and better integration and support from traditional capital market ecosystems.
Based off the sold-out success of the inaugural 2015 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit this March in Toronto, VanFUNDING 2015 is about igniting venture funding opportunities in Western Canada. Join us to share in the newest developments, thought leadership, and discover, assist and connect to investors seeking hot prospects and entrepreneurs that are actively raising capital.
Event partners and speakers include high profile and prominent crowdfunding and marketplace lending platforms in Canada along with leading legal and accounting providers in the sectors, including Dentons, PwC, The OCMX, Venture Law Corporation, SeedUps Canada, Crowdfund Suite, Crowdmatrix, Canadragon, Frontfundr, FundRazr, InvestX, Grouplend and Lending Loop.
The newly announced speaker lineup is below:
- Alixe Cormick, President/Founder, Venture Law Corporation
- Bret Conkin, CEO/Founder, Crowdfund Suite
- Cato Pastoll, CEO/Co-founder, Lending Loop
- Craig Asano, CEO/Founder, NCFA Canada
- Daryl Hatton, CEO/Founder, FundRazr
- Heather Gordon, Program Manager Social Finance Solutions, Vancity
- Ian Heine, Lead Tax Partner, PwC
- Kevin Sandhu, CEO/Founder, GroupLend
- Les Schaevitz, CEO/Founder, CanaDragon Enterprise
- Marcus New, CEO/Founder, InvestX
- Matthew McGrath, CEO/Founder, The OCMX / Optimize Capital Markets
- Michael Stephens, Partner, Dentons
- Mike Volker, Director at SFU & WUTIF Capital & GREENANGEL
- Penny Green, CEO, Bacchus Law Corporation
- Peter-Paul Van Hoeken, CEO/Co-founder, Frontfundr
- Rubsun Ho, CEO/Founder, CrowdMatrix
- Sandi Gilbert, CEO/Co-founder, SeedUps Canada
- Viet Le, Senior Manager Tax Services, PwC
For a complete list of conference participants, speakers and event schedule visit the VanFUNDING 2015 conference website.
About the National Crowdfunding Association of Canada
The National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA Canada) is a cross-Canada non-profit actively engaged with both social and investment crowdfunding stakeholders across the country. NCFA Canada provides education, research, leadership, support and networking opportunities to over 1100+ members and works closely with industry, government, academia, community and eco-system partners and affiliates to create a strong and vibrant crowdfunding industry in Canada.
SOURCE National Crowdfunding Association of Canada
For further information: and to inquire about a media pass please contact: Media Inquiries: Craig Asano, 416-618-0254, email@example.com