Where: 180 Bloor St. W., Israeli Consulate in Toronto
When: Saturday May 13th, 2017
Time: 2 pm – 4 pm
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1326423874115469/
Follow #PalHunger; #FreedomAndDignity; #SaltWaterChallenge on social media
TORONTO, May 13, 2017 /CNW/ - Members of Palestine solidarity groups and the Palestinian community in the GTA will be rallying at the Israeli Consulate in support of 1,500 Palestinian political prisoners who launched a hunger strike on April 17, 2017.
Demands of the strike include:
- An end to denial of family visits
- Access to a public pay phone to communicate with family
- Appropriate medical care and access to treatment for sick prisoners
- Right to remote access of higher education
- End to solitary confinement
- End to administrative detention and imprisonment without charge or trial
The hunger strike has been met with a wave of repressive tactics by the Israeli Prison Service (IPS), which include the denial of family and legal visits; confiscation of clothing, toothbrushes and underwear; and conducting violent prison raids.
Join the May 13 rally in front of the Israeli Consulate and demand basic rights for Palestinian political prisoners! Help spread the word!
SOURCE Palestinian Solidarity Coalition
For further information: Hammam Farah, 416-669-8144, firstname.lastname@example.org