MEDIA AVAILABILITY: Wednesday, May 5 at 10:00 a.m.
Location: North York General Hospital
Academic Centre - Ground Level
North York General Hospital, General Site
4001 Leslie Street
(Leslie Street and Sheppard Avenue East)
TORONTO, May 4 /CNW/ - Each year in Canada, 8,000 to 12,000 patients die as a result of complications of healthcare-associated infections. Through the simple act of practicing optimal hand hygiene, you can help reduce that number!
Patients for Patient Safety Canada is launching as an organization today. With a mandate of "Every Patient Safe" Patients for Patient Safety Canada supports the partnership between the Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI), Accreditation Canada and the Community and Hospital Infection Control Association-Canada (CHICA-Canada), for optimal hand hygiene in healthcare through Stop! Clean Your Hands Day on May 5, 2010.
Media availability with:
- Bonnie Adamson, President and CEO, North York General Hospital
- Hugh MacLeod, CEO, Canadian Patient Safety Institute
- Bernadette MacDonald, Vice President Programs and Services,
- Anne Bialachowski, President, CHICA-Canada
- Johanna Trimble, Patients for Patient Safety Canada
SOURCE Canadian Patient Safety Institute
For further information: For further information: Cecilia Bloxom, Director of Communication, Canadian Patient Safety Institute, Phone (780) 700-8642