Workforce Connex Ontario - Thursday, October 15, 2009, Sheraton Centre
TORONTO, Oct. 13 /CNW/ - the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario is partnering with Canada's leading organization in Aboriginal inclusion to host a one-day forum that will bring industry partners and Aboriginal employment service providers together to discuss the province of Ontario's workforce and innovative approaches to Aboriginal inclusion.
Workforce Connex Ontario is part of a national forum series organized through the Aboriginal Human Resource Council. Dignitaries, industry and Aboriginal leaders will be on hand to discuss new regional partnerships and solutions to employment training, recruitment and retention issues.
- Kelly Lendsay, President and CEO, Aboriginal Human Resource
- Minister Duguid, Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs, Government of
- Chief Bryan Laforme, First Nation of Mississauga of New Credit
- Keith Conn, Director General, Aboriginal Affairs Directorate,
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
- Aboriginal Personal Success Story: Brad Kurtenbach, Owner of
Kensington Market Organic Ice Cream and Caterer
- Profiles of Employer Inclusion Successes
- Ontario Labour Market Forecast
- Successes and Barriers to Inclusion - Ontario Aboriginal Employment
- Keynote: Kathleen Padulo, Director Program Development, Canadian
Council for Aboriginal Business
Visit aboriginalhr.ca to read the complete agenda (http://www.aboriginalhr.ca/en/workforceconnex/Toronto). Media availability will occur on Thursday, October 15, 2009 beginning at 8:30 am at the Sheraton Centre Hotel, Second Floor, Pacific Ballroom.
Ontario Workforce Connex is the 12th forum held in the series administered by Aboriginal Human Resource Council and funded through the Sector Council Program, Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. The Ontario forum is also supported by the Government of Ontario ministries of Aboriginal Affairs and Training, Colleges and Universities.
SOURCE Aboriginal Human Resource Council
For further information: For further information: Nicole Robertson, Communications Advisor, Muskwa Productions & Consulting, c: (403) 616-4999, e: email@example.com; Peggy Berndt, National Director, Communications & Marketing, Aboriginal Human Resource Council, c: (780) 720-1118, e: firstname.lastname@example.org