- NOMINATIONS AND CONTEST CLOSES WEDNESDAY, APRIL 30 -
TORONTO, April 22, 2014 /CNW/ - Calling all Canadians: Only one week left to participate in the annual nomination promotion presented by Canada's Walk of Fame, along with National Premier Partner RBC. Thousands of submissions have been received to-date from virtually every corner of the world from fans who have nominated an outstanding Canadian to receive a Canada's Walk of Fame Award; and there is still time to nominate and enter for a chance to win a trip for two to attend the Canada's Walk of Fame Awards on Saturday, October 18, 2014, at Toronto's Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, courtesy of the RBC® Avion® card. The VIP package includes hotel accommodation, airfare and tickets to the red carpet, Awards Show and spectacular Inductee Charity Ball.
Nominations will be accepted through Wednesday, April 30 at 11:59 pm ET. Submissions can be sent using smart phones and mobile devices as well as through the website www.canadaswalkoffame.com and the official Facebook Fan Page, www.facebook.com/canadaswalkoffame. Fans can submit as many nominations as they like each day, but are limited to one contest entry per day.
Criteria for Canada's Walk of Fame 2014 inductee nominations include the following:
- Nominees must have been born in Canada or have spent their formative or creative years in Canada
- Nominees must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in their field and have an established body of work
- Nominees must have had national or international impact on Canada's heritage
- All entries must be submitted by April 30, 2014, at 11:59pm ET
This year's inductees will be honoured during the national Canada's Walk of Fame Awards broadcast on Global Television, to be aired at a later date. Additional announcements will follow.
SOURCE: Canada's Walk of Fame
For further information: Tran Nguyen, Holmes PR, 416-628-5607 / firstname.lastname@example.org