OTTAWA, Oct. 26, 2015 /CNW/ - Tomorrow, The Conference Board of Canada's Canadian Food Summit will continue its exploration of the future of the country's food and beverage sector's performance and potential with, among many other topics, the launch of a program aimed at reducing the number of calories Canadians consume from refreshment beverages and an interactive discussion on renewing Canada's Food Guide.
Canadian Food & Drink Summit 2015: Measuring Performance, Taking Stock, Inspiring Action, is a major two-day Conference Board of Canada event focusing on resources and opportunities in the food and beverage sectors to boost industry prosperity, healthy food, improve food safety, environment sustainability, and address the challenges of household and global food security.
Day 2 (October 27th):
- 8:45 am (Toronto Ballroom): Canada's non-alcoholic beverage industry is launching a substantial and unique voluntary program aimed at further reducing the number of calories Canadians consume from refreshment beverages.
- 10:30 am (Varley Room) : Media Q & A with Dr. Michael Bloom, Vice-President, Industry and Business Strategy, The Conference Board of Canada and Summit Co-Chair and Jim Goetz, President, Canadian Beverage Association.
- 3:10 pm (Toronto Ballroom): Expert presentations will lead an interactive dialogue on renewing Canada's Food Guide and dietary guidelines.
Media accreditation is required for this event.
October 27, 2015
Hilton Hotel, Toronto, Ontario
- Dr. Michael Bloom, Vice-President, Industry and Business Strategy, The Conference Board of Canada
- Dr. Jean-Charles Le Vallée, Senior Research Associate, Centre for Food in Canada, The Conference Board of Canada
Notable speakers include:
- Jim Goetz, President, Canadian Beverage Association
- Paul Hollands, President and Chief Executive Officer, A&W Food Services of Canada
- Tim Faveri, Director, Sustainability and Shared Value, Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
- Dr. Walter C. Willett, Chair, Department of Nutrition, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Danielle Goldfarb, Director, Global Commerce Centre, The Conference Board of Canada
For the full list of speakers, schedule and times, visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/Libraries/CONF_PDFS_PUBLIC/15-0107.sflb
Follow the Canadian Food and Drink Summit 2015 conference on Twitter with the hashtags: #CBoCFood, #CBoCEvents
The Canadian Food and Drink Summit 2015 is presented thanks to generous contributions of our gold sponsors: the Canadian Beverage Association, Hellmann's Canada, as well as sponsors Saputo, and Farm and Food Care Canada.
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: and media accreditation: Sean Burgess, Communications Coordinator, Tel.: (613) 526-3090, ext. 294, E-mail: email@example.com or Yvonne Squires, Media Relations, Tel.: (613) 526-3090, ext. 221, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org