Lay Panel to make National Palliative Care Strategy Recommendations
EDMONTON, Nov. 2, 2016 /CNW/ -
Who and What: Palliative Care Matters Consensus Development Conference
- Covenant Health, the Covenant Health Palliative Institute and many of Canada's leading national health organizations are holding a Consensus Development Conference in Ottawa as part of the Palliative Care Initiative.
- A Lay Panel of 12 Canadians chaired by Don Newman will hear scientific evidence from an academic expert panel and make recommendations for a Canadian palliative care strategy based on the panel's scientific evidence.
- A live interactive webcast of the Conference will be available in English and French at www.palliativecarematters.ca/webcast
- The Lay Panel's recommendations (Consensus Statement) will be presented by Don Newman on November 9, 2016 at 9:30 a.m.
When and Where: November 7-9, 2016, Ottawa Marriott, 100 Kent Street, Ottawa ON
- The goal of the Palliative Care Initiative is to develop a national palliative care strategy through input from the public and internationally recognized palliative care academics.
- The Initiative is co-chaired by Fred Horne, former Alberta health minister and Karen Macmillan, Senior Operating Officer at Covenant Health.
- Results of a recent Palliative Care Initiative commissioned Ipsos Research survey show Canada needs a vision for palliative care.
SOURCE Palliative Care Matters
For further information: or media assistance, please contact: Lisa Robertson, firstname.lastname@example.org, (613) 739-7032; Janet Weichel McKenzie, email@example.com, (613) 808-4642