TORONTO, Nov. 3, 2015 /CNW/ - Lung Cancer Canada is pleased to present the second annual report, The Faces of Lung Cancer, which takes an up-close and personal look at a disease that takes the lives of more Canadians than breast, prostate, and colorectal cancers combined.1
As part of the presentation, Lung Cancer Canada engaged a diverse panel, consisting of the country's leading oncology experts, patients and caregivers to provide an accurate snapshot of Canada's deadliest cancer.
The lives impacted by lung cancer will be explored as part of the panel discussions, along with new data from a survey conducted by Lung Cancer Canada that for the first time quantifies the devastation of the disease, beyond the patient.
Canada's national lung cancer voice invites you to hear the facts and those human stories that put faces to a disease that kills 52 Canadians every single day.2
- Lung cancer media briefing event – panel discussion and presentation of the second annual report with new survey results.
- Healthcare professionals including:
- Dr. Natasha Leighl, Medical Oncologist and President of Lung Cancer Canada in Toronto
- Dr. Janessa Laskin, Medical Oncologist and Lung Cancer Canada Board Member (Vancouver, BC) via Skype
- Dr. Paul Wheatley Price, Medical Oncologist and Chair of Lung Cancer Canada Medical Advisory Committee (Ottawa, ON) via Skype
- Massey Nematollahi, Oncology Nurse and Chair of Lung Cancer Canada Nurses Network in Toronto
- Patients and caregivers including:
- Anne Marie Cerato, Patient, Lung Cancer Canada Board Member in Toronto
- Laura Georghui, Caregiver (Montreal, QC) via Skype
- Ann Wong, Caregiver in Toronto
- Dr. Lynne Goudezeune, Patient (Montreal, QC) via Skype
- Lorne Cochrane, Patient (Northern AB) via Skype
- Ontario Bar Association
- 20 Toronto Street, Suite #200, Toronto, ON, M5C 2B8
- Tuesday November 3rd, 2015 at 10:30 am
1 Canadian Cancer Society. National Cancer Institute of Canada: Canadian Cancer Statistics 2015.
2 Canadian Cancer Society. National Cancer Institute of Canada: Canadian Cancer Statistics 2015.
SOURCE Lung Cancer Canada
For further information: or to book an interview in advance of the briefing, please contact: Ethan Pigott, 416-558-2783, email@example.com