Media accreditation for FIGO Women's Health World Congress now open**
7000 women's and children's health experts in Vancouver at XXI World Congress to discuss the latest advances in quality care for women worldwide
VANCOUVER, Sept. 30, 2015 /CNW/ -
FIGO and its global partners are jointly holding a press conference at the XXI World Congress to announce key actions to deliver better, safer, advanced and compassionate women's and children's global health care. Tony award winner, playwright, activist and author Eve Ensler is speaking about In the Body of the World in advance of the press conference.
Sir Sabaratnam Arulkumaran, President, FIGO; Frances Day-Stirk, President, International Confederation of Midwives (ICM); Professor Marleen Temmerman, Director, Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization; and Dr. William Keenan, Executive Director of the International Pediatric Association (IPA)
Monday, October 5, 2015, 12:30 p.m., Vancouver Convention Centre, 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
KEY CONGRESS HIGHLIGHTS: See Program sessions for more details.
- Launch of 2015 World Report on Women's Health
- New Guidelines to improve the diagnosis and care of women with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)
- New Guidelines to improve adolescent, preconception and maternal nutrition.
- Gender equality initiatives to prevent maternal deaths, fistulae following childbirth and the practice of female genital mutilation
- Post-Partum IUD (PPIUD) Initiative; Prevention of Unsafe Abortion Initiative
- Hot topics in postmenopausal hormone therapy
- Reducing maternal mortality in lower to middle income countries
- Women's and adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights: Indigenous women
- High quality contraceptive services for adolescents and how they are being addressed
- New approaches to infertility
- Immunization during pregnancy: critical disease prevention strategy for mothers and babies
- Science, Ethics, Practice - Fetal DNA Screening
- The FIGO Fertility Tool Box™: advances in gynecology
- Advances in fetal diagnosis and therapy
About The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO)
The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) is a non-profit organization that brings together obstetrical and gynecological associations from 125 countries/territories worldwide. It is dedicated to the improvement of women's health and rights and to the reduction of disparities in healthcare available to women and newborns, as well as to advancing the science and practice of obstetrics and gynecology. Based in London, the organization hosts a triennial World Congress that draws more than 7,000 women's health scientists, clinicians, and other allied health professionals to present the latest science and best clinical practice in obstetrics and gynecology.
Register here as a media representative.
SOURCE International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO)
Image with caption: "International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) (CNW Group/International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO))". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150930_C8405_PHOTO_EN_509982.jpg
For further information: For media assistance contact: Janet Weichel McKenzie, 613-808-4642, The Hillbrooke Group (http://hillbrooke.ca/), email@example.com; Lisa Robertson, 613-858-4584, The Hillbrooke Group (http://hillbrooke.ca/), firstname.lastname@example.org; Sarah MacFadyen, 613-407-5195, The Hillbrooke Group (http://hillbrooke.ca/), email@example.com