The 13th Annual ICD Fellowship Awards Gala recognizes excellence in corporate directorships
CALGARY, May 26 /CNW/ - The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD), Canada's only member-based professional association for board directors, will honour four outstanding recipients of the 2010 ICD Fellowship Awards.
These individuals exemplify the distinct qualities of good governance in boardrooms across the country:
- Bill Anderson, Director, TransAlta; Gildan Activewear Inc.; MDS Inc.
- Claude Fontaine, Q.C., ICD.D, Director, ProSep; Petro-Canada (1987-
2009); Montreal Heart Institute Foundation
- S. Barry Jackson, Chair, TransCanada; Director, Nexen Inc.; WestJet
- John Thompson, Chair, TD Financial Group; Director, Thomson Reuters
Corp.; Royal Phillips Electronics
More than 650 leaders from Canada's business community will be in attendance to show their support for sound corporate governance.
What: Institute of Corporate Directors' 13th Annual ICD Fellowship
When: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 (6:45 pm - 9:00 pm)
Where: Hyatt Regency Calgary, 700 Centre Street South, Calgary, AB
Who: - the Honourable Brian Tobin (Master of Ceremonies)
- 2010 ICD Fellows: Bill Anderson, Claude Fontaine, S. Barry
Jackson and John Thompson
SOURCE Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)
For further information: For further information: about the ICD Fellowship Awards, visit www.icd.ca/awards; Media inquiries, contact: Carolyn Thrasher, Manager, Marketing Communications, Institute of Corporate Directors, Work: (416) 593-7741 ext. 229, Cell: (416) 529-6785