TORONTO, April 24, 2017 /CNW/ - Access to affordable medicine continues to be a significant issue for many Canadians and price is just one piece of the puzzle. Health care experts will examine ways to improve access to affordable medicines and the impact this could have on the Canadian health care system at The Conference Board of Canada's Healthy Canada 2017 conference in Toronto on April 26-27.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Impact of public policies on access and affordability;
- Pharmaceutical pricing;
- Medical tourism;
- Canada's opioid crisis and pain management in Canada;
- Impact of private insurer policies on access and affordability; and
- The value of over-the-counter medications.
When: April 26-27, 2017
Where: Old Mill Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Who: Speakers include:
- Dr. Marcus Butler, Medical Oncologist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Stephen Frank, Senior Vice-President, Policy, Canadian Life & Health Insurance Association Inc
- Dr. Ahmed Jakda, Provincial Clinical Co-Lead, Ontario Palliative Care Network and Medical Director, Palliative Care, Grand River Regional Cancer Centre
- Dr. Mitchell Levine, Vice-Chairperson, Patented Medicine Prices Review Board
- Daniel F. Muzyka, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Conference Board of Canada
- Catherine Parker, Director General, Biologics and Genetic Therapies Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch, Health Canada
- Dr. Brett J Skinner, Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Health Policy Institute
- Louis Thériault, Vice-President, Industry Strategy and Public Policy, The Conference Board of Canada
- Dr. David Williams, Chief Medical Officer of Health, Province of Ontario
For the full schedule and times visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/healthycanada/agenda.aspx
This conference is sponsored by Abbvie Canada, Innovative Medicines Canada, Sanofi, Canadian Biosimilars Forum, Lundbeck Canada, and Sun Life Financial.
Media Accreditation is required.
Follow us on Twitter: @CBoC_Health or #CBoCHealth
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: For more information or media accreditation, contact: Yvonne Squires, Media Relations, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 221, E-mail: email@example.com; Juline Ranger, Director of Communications, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 431, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org