1,000 progressives descending on national capital this week for sold out #prgrs16
OTTAWA, March 29, 2016 /CNW/ - The Broadbent Institute is hosting the country's flagship conference for progressives. The mix of training and policy sessions from top international organizers and thought leaders at Progress Summit 2016 will showcase the pulse and strength of Canada's progressive movement and offer solutions to shape the future.
- Feminist icon and author Gloria Steinem;
- Alberta and federal environment ministers Shannon Phillips and Catherine McKenna;
- Christiane Taubira, who resigned as France's Justice Minister in January over the government's terror policy;
- Sara El-Amine, Executive Director of Organizing for Action, Barack Obama's grassroots organizing movement, and John Del Cecato, Democratic Party political ad maker responsible for creating many of Obama's television ads in the 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns;
- Cindy Blackstock, Executive Director of the First Nations and Family Caring Society;
- John Horgan, leader of the BC NDP;
- Jeet Heer, New Republic Senior Editor and 2016 Giller Prize juror;
- Sally Kohn, CNN political commentator;
- The Great Debate on proportional representation with Postmedia News columnist Andrew Coyne and Alex Himelfarb, former Clerk of the Privy Council, versus Michelle Rempel, Official Opposition Critic for immigration, and Tasha Kheiriddin, columnist for National Post and iPolitics, moderated by broadcaster Evan Solomon.
WHAT: Progress Summit 2016: Shaping the Future
WHEN: Thursday, March 31 to Saturday, April 2, 2016
WHERE: Ottawa Delta City Centre, 101 Lyon St. N.
The full schedule, which kicks off with a training day led by the head of Barack Obama's grassroots organizing movement, and list of speakers are available at http://www.broadbentinstitute.ca/summit2016.
Note to media: Media are welcome to all panels and receptions. Reporters are encouraged to pre-register by filling out an accreditation form at http://www.broadbentinstitute.ca/media and present outlet credentials at the media check-in desk.
The Broadbent Institute will provide a dedicated media filing room and the conference will be equipped with media risers and feed boxes. Panels on the main stage will also be live-streamed.
SOURCE Broadbent Institute
For further information: please contact Caitlin Kealey, Progress Summit 2016 media coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-818-7956.