TORONTO, April 14, 2015 /CNW/ - Excel Funds' President & Chief Executive Officer along with Excel Investment Counsel Inc.'s and Birla Sun Life's Portfolio Managers, are available to discuss their views on the state of Prime Minister Modi's national reforms, the performance of India's economy, and its significance for global markets and Canadian investors. Bhim Asdhir
Prime Minister Modi is scheduled to visit Toronto on Wednesday, April 15, 2015. Excel Funds is honored to be a welcoming partner organization for this historic event.
Excel Funds is the manager of the Excel India Fund, the largest and longest running mutual fund in Canada, focused solely on investing in India. The fund is managed on-the-ground in India by Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company Limited. Excel Funds has a history of performance in India. The Excel India Fund, Series F, had a total return of 56.3%, as tracked by Morningstar Canada, for the 1-year period ending March 31, 20151
Excel Funds' team of experts on India includes:
- Bhim D. Asdhir, President & CEO, Excel Funds Management Inc. Mr. Asdhir is a member of the National Alliance of Indo Canadians and a member of the organizing committee responsible for hosting the community reception for India's Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, in Toronto.
- David Kunselman, Senior Portfolio Manager, Excel Investment Counsel Inc.
- Christine Tan, Portfolio Manager, Excel Investment Counsel Inc.
For bios visit: http://www.excelfunds.com/index.php/management-team
Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company Pte Ltd, team of experts in Canada the weeks of April 6th to 17th.
- Vikas Gautam, Chief Executive Officer - Global Offshore Business, Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company Pte Ltd. Vikas brings with him over 16 years of work experience in financial services, including asset management, private wealth management & investment advisory services. He has been with BSLAMC since October 2008. Prior to joining BSLAMC, he was working with Citibank N.A. Dubai as Vice President & was responsible for managing wealth of ultra high net worth families. Prior to this he worked at Prudential ICICI Asset Management Company in India looking after the Institutional sales and select large distribution partners. He has also worked with BNP PARIBAS & ICICI Capital Services in India in the Investment Advisory & Institutional business group. Vikas holds a Bachelor's degree in Science & Masters in Business Administration.
- Atul Penkar, Portfolio Manager, Birla Sun Life AMC Limited and Portfolio Manager of the Excel India Fund. With over 16 years of experience in equity research and fund management, Mr. Penkar is currently responsible for managing India dedicated offshore funds – the Excel India Fund and the India Advantage Offshore Fund. He has been managing these funds since August 2011. Mr. Penkar has been with the Sub-Adviser since 2006, where he started as a senior analyst and fund manager. Prior to moving to offshore investments, he was responsible for multiple onshore equity strategies. His areas of equity research expertise in Indian markets range from information technology, infrastructure, telecom, auto and media. Prior to joining the Sub-Adviser, Mr. Penkar worked as an equity analyst at various reputable organizations and was a senior analyst at Emkay Global Financial Services Limited. He holds a master's degree in management studies and a bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Ashish Kela Fund Manager, Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company Limited
Ashish has over 8 years of experience in the capital markets and has been with the fixed income investments team at Birla Sun Life since June 2012. Earlier he lead a team focusing on structuring credit derivatives at Nomura working from the Mumbai and London offices of the firm. He started his career as an analyst with the fixed income derivatives team of Lehman Brothers. Ashish has earned a Bachelors of Technology from IIT Bombay and is a charter holder of the CFA Institute (Charlottesville, Virginia, USA)
Why India presents a unique opportunity for investors
- India is the fastest growing economy in the world, with a forecasted growth rate of 8%
- Reforms, including massive infrastructure development, relaxation of foreign investment limits, streamlining of the goods and services tax, and the lowering of corporate taxes are some examples that will help drive the economy forward
- India has youth on its side. It is the world's largest democracy with a population of 1.2 billion with an expected median age of 28 years by 2020
- India has a rapidly growing urbanizing middle class that is expected to fuel consumption and infrastructure development, supporting the acceleration of growth of Indian companies and the economy
- Foreign investments are surging; both from foreign private and institutional investments
- According to Christine Lagarde, the Managing Director of the IMF, it is estimated that by 2019, the Indian economy will be more than double in size compared to 2009
For live coverage during the event on April 15th, 2015 at 6 p.m. EST; please use the hashtag # excelwithmodi
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
This document may make forward-looking statements and there are risks that actual results could differ materially from forecasts, projections or conclusions in the forward looking statements. Certain material factors and assumptions were applied in drawing the conclusions or making the forecasts or projections in the forward-looking statements and you may find additional information about such material factors and assumptions and the material factors that could cause actual results to so differ from the sources provided. The above information should be considered as background information only and should not be construed as investment or financial advice. Further, it should not be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell securities.
The information contained in this document is for informational and illustrative purposes only and is not intended to provide specific financial, investment, or other advice to you, and should not be acted or relied upon in that regard without seeking the advice of a professional. Particular investments or trading strategies should be evaluated relative to each individual.
1 Christine Lagarde, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi, March 16, 2015 http://www.imf.org/external/np/speeches/2015/031615.htm?hootPostID=8ef0bc89dd8835ab361e26bff2047a38
2 World Bank 2012
About Excel Funds:
Established in 1998, Excel Funds is a pioneer in investing in emerging markets. With 11 open-end mutual funds and two closed-end mutual funds under management, Excel Funds offers the broadest range of emerging market funds in Canada. All funds are managed by Excel Investment Counsel Inc., an affiliate of Excel Funds, in collaboration with on-the-ground, world class sub-advisors who live in the countries and regions in which they invest.
SOURCE Excel Funds Management Inc.
For further information: please feel free to contact me directly for more information or to set up an interview. Caroline Grimont, VP Marketing, Tel: 905.624.7744, Cell: 647.302.4663, Toll free: 1.888.813.9813 x 242, 2810 Matheson Blvd. East, Suite 800 Mississauga, ON, L4W 4X7