TORONTO, Feb. 9, 2015 /CNW/ - The York Region Branch of the Ontario Chapter of the Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) will host a breakfast session on Crowdfunding at the Richmond Hill Country Club on Thursday February 26 from 7:00 – 10:00 am.
Crowdfunding is one of the most innovative and exciting financing techniques available to start-up and emerging businesses. Attend this event to hear firsthand from entrepreneurs and professionals on how to manage successful crowdfunding programs.
- What is crowdfunding?
- Who is a candidate for crowdfunding?
- Key steps in a crowdfunding program
- Permitted crowdfunding techniques under current legislation – U.S. vs. Canada
- Ontario Securities Commission proposals for crowdfunding in Ontario
- Once you've got the money, how do you manage the crowd?
- David Danziger, CPA, CA - Senior Vice President, MNP, is National Leader of MNP's Public Companies practice.
- Oscar Jofre Jr., is CEO and Founder of KoreConX which provides an infrastructure platform for pre- and post-funding services for companies engaged in crowdfunding. Oscar is a founder and Co-Chair of the Executive Council for the Equity Crowdfunding Alliance of Canada.
- Bob Stewart, a Partner in the Business Law Group at Miller Thomson LLP, specializing in securities law and M&A transactions.
- Chad Williams, President and CEO of Klondike Strike, the world's first equity crowdfunding portal for the mining industry and Founder and CEO of Red Cloud Mining Capital Inc.
Registration is open to members and non-members of the ICD through the events registration section on the ICD website:
About The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)
The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) is the definitive 'go-to' resource and voice for Canada's directors and boards in the for-profit, not-for-profit and Crown sectors. As the national community for directors, the ICD is a not-for-profit, member-based association with more than 9,000 members and a network of 11 chapters across Canada. Representing the interests of directors, the ICD fosters the sharing of knowledge and wisdom through education, professional development programs and services, and thought leadership and advocacy to achieve the highest standard of directorship. For more information, please visit: www.icd.ca.
SOURCE Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)
For further information: Media Contacts: Maliha Aqeel, Director, Communications, Institute of Corporate Directors, Tel: (416) 593-7741, ext. 229, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org