British Columbia Continues to be an Economic Leader Among the Provinces
VANCOUVER, Jan. 23, 2017 /CNW/ - Heading into 2017, British Columbia's economy continues to be a bright spot on the Canadian landscape. Amidst a shaky national economy, a fluctuating loonie and low commodity prices — the diversified and stable B.C. economy continues to thrive.
The Conference Board of Canada's Western Business Outlook 2017 will take place between January 25-27 with events in Nanaimo, Kelowna, and Vancouver. Conference Board economists and senior business leaders will discuss the trends that are shaping the province's business environment, including:
- Where is the B.C. resource sector heading?
- What is underpinning B.C.'s economic growth?
- What will the impact be of the delay of LNG have in the short-term?
- What is the impact of a slowdown in the Chinese economy on British Columbia and Kelowna?
- Is the strength of the B.C. economy sustainable?
- How is the foreign ownership tax expected to impact B.C.'s housing market?
Nanaimo: January 25, 2017, Coast Bastion Hotel
Kelowna: January 26, 2017, Coast Capri Hotel
Vancouver: January 27, 2017, Fairmont Waterfront
Who: Speakers include:
- Pedro Antunes, Executive Director, Economic Outlook and Analysis, and Deputy Chief Economist, The Conference Board of Canada
- Alan Arcand, Associate Director, Centre for Municipal Studies, The Conference Board of Canada
- Kristelle Audet, Senior Economist, Canadian Industrial Outlook, The Conference Board of Canada
- Bryan Buggey, Director, Strategic Initiatives and Sector Development, Vancouver Economic Commission
- Maria Gonzalez, Manager, Food and Ag Manufacturing, Economics and Research Practice, MNP LLP
- Jock A. Finlayson, Executive Vice-President and Chief Policy Officer, Business Council of British Columbia
- Paris Gaudet, Executive Director, Innovation Island
- Dr. Ralph Nilson, President and Vice-Chancellor, Vancouver Island University
- Miles Prodan, President and Chief Executive Officer, British Columbia Wine Institute
- Steven Ranson, President and Chief Executive Officer, HomEquity Bank
This conference is sponsored by MNP LLP, VanCity, HomEquity Bank, Wines of British Columbia and Vancouver Island University.
For the full list of speakers, schedule and times, visit:
Media Accreditation is required.
Follow us on Twitter: @CBoC_Events and #CBoCEconomics
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: For more information or media accreditation, contact: Natasha Jamieson, Communications Coordinator, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 307, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Yvonne Squires, Media Relations, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 221, E-mail: email@example.com