TORONTO, Oct. 16 /CNW/ - Bellwoods Centres for Community Living Inc. will celebrate enhanced community supports for disabled adults on Monday, October 19, 2009 at 9:00 a.m.
This event will highlight two remarkable achievements:
- Introduction of Bellwoods Dundas, a new supportive housing project
serving 31 adults with physical disabilities including seniors; and
- Introduction of Community Connect, a program that transitions
patients with physical disabilities from health care facilities to
home or to Long Term Care Homes
Key speakers include:
- The Honourable David C. Onley, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario
- The Honourable George Smitherman, Deputy Premier and Minister of
Energy and Infrastructure
- Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti, Chair, City of Toronto Affordable
- Mr. Matthew Anderson, Chief Executive Officer, Toronto Central Local
Health Integration Network (TC LHIN)
Bellwoods Centres for Community Living Inc. has a vibrant 50+ year history
of assisting individuals with physical disabilities including seniors,
providing services, programs and accessible, affordable housing so that
clients can live independently in the community in Toronto.
When: Monday, October 19 at 9 a.m.
Where: at 1082 Dundas Street West/300 Shaw Street, Toronto
SOURCE BELLWOODS CENTRES FOR COMMUNITY LIVING INC.
For further information: For further information: Media Contact: Claire Bryden, Executive Director, telephone: (416) 696-9663 ext 207, email: firstname.lastname@example.org